The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 10, 2011, 07:42 AM   #1
senecan

Used OTV Price

I am separating from the military and I have a OTV plate carrier without the plates. It has a the throat protector, collar, all kevlar inserts, brand new side carriers. I am wondering how much would somebody pay for this? The collar has a lot of wear and tear, and there is a small stain about where the rank insignia would be worn on the vest.

How much would one of these go for?

I may be able to acquire the DAPS shoulder attachments for this.
Old May 10, 2011, 07:44 AM   #2
senecan

I need some feedback sometime today, has anyone ever sold or bought one of these?
Old May 10, 2011, 09:01 AM   #3
chadstrickland

I purchased one from a pawn shop that had a crate full of used ones...some did have the groin protector some did not ( a little weird I know ) but I payed 250 for mine...which was a large...now the same things are selling for 400 bucks...that's in alabama...it did not have trauma plates either...but I think it depends on where you live at ..if demand is higher then you could stick it to some folks lol..
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old May 10, 2011, 10:29 AM   #4
senecan

Well, I just want a fair price. I have no need for it, its an XL. I am thinking of asking for 400 after I clean it up. Any tips on how to get some of the iraq and afghanistan grime off of these things?
Old May 10, 2011, 12:59 PM   #5
BarryLee

Don’t these things have expiration dates on the Kevlar fabric itself? If so it would seem that would impact the price.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 10, 2011, 02:01 PM   #6
langenc

Any tips on how to get some of the iraq and afghanistan grime off of these things? -from post #4

Give it the 4 letter word treatmant-- S O A P
Old May 10, 2011, 05:35 PM   #7
chadstrickland

400 bucks ain't that bad...as someone said it depends on the condition..and I have never heard of the kevlar just going bad...im no expert but if properly cared for it should last a lifetime..imho that is...which idk the condition of the set mentioned above..the one I got was in good condition...oh and to correct myself it wasn't a pawn shop but a military Surplus store
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old May 10, 2011, 06:22 PM   #8
BarryLee

Quote:
I have never heard of the kevlar just going bad
Well, I do not think they just go bad. However, I think the issue is that through movement, moisture, UV etc. the fibers can break down. Again, just an observation that may impact pricing.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 10, 2011, 08:41 PM   #9
chadstrickland

Man..someone hang a ( donkey ) sign over my head..lol I have to agree with you on that one
Old May 10, 2011, 10:50 PM   #10
SauerJackson

Yeah get that rig little cleaned up and you could probably get $500-600 even, without feeling bad about it.....