The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 13, 2010, 05:36 PM   #51
SigP6Carry

I personally suggest a Tulamore 12 year.

But, yeah. They're right. If you're held up by three guys with guns and all they do to you is take your cell phone: you got off well.
Old February 13, 2010, 06:02 PM   #52
LordofWar

Cheers!

With this the threads outlived its utility if/when there was any. :P
Old February 13, 2010, 06:28 PM   #53
SigP6Carry

There's plenty of utility in discussing which Irish Whisky to celebrate with.
Old February 13, 2010, 07:17 PM   #54
Onward Allusion

Glad you weren't hurt. Ditto on all the other posts with regard to drawing your weapon.

Going back to phones...

Some advice/suggestions for folks on this board. If you have a smartphone (Treo, Blackberry, iPhone...etc), it would be worth the $30 to install security software on it, in the event that you lose it or worst - get it stolen. Imagine all the information you or your company may have on it. We're talking about spreadsheet attachments, files, contact info, calendars...etc... You can disable and wipe the phone with one phone call.

Go here...and NO, I do not work or own any of the companies reviewed. Security and risk management is one of the things I do for food...

http://mobile-security-software-revi...enreviews.com/

Quote:
LordofWar
Got Mugged: Always Happens When Im Not Carrying

Last edited by Onward Allusion; February 13, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old February 13, 2010, 09:02 PM   #55
LordofWar

I know. You're all right about this. I was just being an ass.

I think it was somewhat of a post-mugging anger. Material things are just not worth taking somebodys life. I used to preach the same until I experianced the mugging myself.

Maybe it was because I felt helpless at that time... but it's a 100% if I was carrying that day it would have been disastrous.
Old February 14, 2010, 07:24 AM   #56
omkhan

I know the feeling. When I got mugged the 1st (& the only) time, I didnt know what to do. I was mad like hell. Getting apart with some property or cell phone for e.g. isn't a big deal. We lose such stuff on & off. However, someone ripping it from us by force is something else. Nevertheless, I am glad that you are ok LOW.

Where in karachi did this happen anyway?
Old February 14, 2010, 08:10 AM   #57
LordofWar

The signal before Kala Pull coming from DHA Phase II.
Old February 15, 2010, 11:30 AM   #58
misnomerga

Sounds a bit like the OK Corral

Just reading your post I for one am very glad you did not have your shooting iron with you. There is no way a cell phone is worth the possibility of you losing your life over it. As all the other posters pointed out you were covered six ways to Sunday and would never had a chance! Even your thought about taking them on after they were leaving seems a little careless. What if you got two of them but missed the third perp for some reason and now you are engaged in a gun battle, over a cell phone. You were blessed my friend to be ironless in that sitiuation IMHO.
Old February 16, 2010, 03:42 PM   #59
LordofWar

Well one things for sure. Of whatever magnitude my wife throws tantrums I am not going out with my family without security detail or the bullet proof car. The way it happened in the middle of a traffic jam in a densly populated commercial area totally unexpectedly I refuse to take any chances from now on.

It could easily have been a kidnapping or a life attempt.
Old February 16, 2010, 04:02 PM   #60
skydiver3346

Simple question:

Uh, is killing someone and/or getting yourself killed actually worth a cell phone in the first place? I don't think so....
Sure you want to respond to a threat of this kind but in the long run, you were fortunate that you were not carrying on this gig or it may have really ruined your day.
Old February 19, 2010, 11:19 AM   #61
svaz

I'd bet even in Pakistan the legal ramifications of a 'good' shoot (assuming you survived) wouldn't have been worth the cellphone; definitely not here in the good 'ol 'I'll sue U, S of A'. Pride can be more detrimental to good decision making than alcohol.

Glad you made it out unscathed.