The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 3, 2009, 03:21 PM   #1
SalsaKnight

Remington 700, US Optics Scope

I just picked up a Remington 700 with a McMillan stock (either the A2 or A3), US Optics scope, and a different muzzle break (not sure what kind). found it at a gun shop already put together. I couldn't pass it up even though I broke the bank on it. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this rifle? what to do or not to do.. or have any experience with US Optics scopes?

I'm still on my 10 day waiting period.. Thanks California
Old August 3, 2009, 03:54 PM   #2
jman841

Sounds very nice, US optics make excellent scopes
Old August 3, 2009, 03:55 PM   #3
SeekHer

Is it a plain Jane 700 action plopped into the stock or a trued, blueprinted one?

I would have to figure it's the latter with the stock and optics going with it...US Optics is one of the best makers out there...they build tanks, with great glass and better dials--What model is it?

Depending on the price it could be either fantastic or "they saw you coming in the door"!

Well wear...

When the human race dies out, it will be because it was brainwashed to be so totally, completely, utterly safe that it no longer dared to keep on living
Old August 3, 2009, 08:00 PM   #4
SalsaKnight

Price

I picked it up for $2500. The shop was selling it for a guy who ran into financial crisis and had to sell it. they said he put somewhere from $4200 to $4500 into it.

I'm sure its just a standard 700, but its was nice to find already put together
Old August 3, 2009, 08:15 PM   #5
zoomie

Depending on model, the scope + stock could be close to that price (US Optics are really expensive and the stock is at least a few hundred). I'd say you likely got a decent deal, assuming everything is in good shape.