The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old December 8, 2006, 06:56 PM   #1
badbob

What it will be like

What is gun confiscation going to look like? Here's the warm-up.
Florida residents take note.

http://www.refugeoflastresort.net/aj.htm

http://www.refugeoflastresort.net/media.htm

http://www.refugeoflastresort.net/Ka..._Sheet_new.pdf

badbob
Old December 8, 2006, 08:01 PM   #2
Duckman44!

What?

I guess it wont be that bad then, because to me it looked like a couple of bored guys dresses up in their tacti-cool attire not doing anything!
Old December 8, 2006, 08:05 PM   #3
TonyM1

Funny how that didn't happen in Miami after Andrew, the demographics of the areas couldn't have anything to do with it could they?...nah, our govt wouldn't do that
Old December 8, 2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Eghad

I guess it must be a New Orleans thing....

because here in SE Texas the police didnt even think about it after Hurricane Rita. They thought keeping the bad guys at bay was more important than harrasing legal gun owners.

NRA Life Member
Old December 8, 2006, 11:36 PM   #5
sterno

I live about 25 miles northeast of New Orleans and they didn't confiscate guns from law abiding citizens here. The only gun confiscation I heard of from someone that wasn't a criminal around here was a shotgun taken from a guy who was drunk and shooting at "looters". The officers gave him a reciept for his weapon and gave it back 5 days later.
Old December 9, 2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Petre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8

DOCTORS
A The number of Doctors in the U.S. is approximately 700,000
B Accidental deaths caused by Doctors per year average 120,000 or 0.171 per Doctor
GUNS
A The number of legal gun owners in the U.S. is currently over 80,000,000
B The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1500 or .000188 per gun owner

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000x more dangerous than gun owners

Remember, Guns don't kill people, DOCTORS do
Old December 9, 2006, 11:22 AM   #7
stephen426

Look at the crime rate in New Orleans before the hurricane. All those thugs needed was a little chaos and all hell broke loose. As mentioned, nothing like that after Andrew. There was some looting in the Cutler Ridge area (halfway between Homestead and Miami), but look at that demographic. The national guard put a stop to that real quick and order was quickly restored. I feel sorry for the good people in New Orleans, but the criminals have severely tarnished it reputation. With all of the international news coverage, this is what the rest of the world sees. :barf:
Old December 9, 2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Edward429451

Thats exactly what it'll look like. That was a test run for them with built in psuedo alibi. To test reactions of their men and the citizenry both. They were not there to help, did not bring food, water, medical aid...but were taking guns.

Red flag however you look at it, for us citizens. Alex Jones probably isn't 100% accurate. Neither are the white picket fence pro government crowd. The truth is in the middle somewhere. The point is that next time...you will be alone and can not expect real help from the government, and they might just be a bigger threat to your surviving the scenario, than are the looters.

Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
Old December 9, 2006, 01:15 PM   #9
Petre

The video I highlighted above is of the RICH PEOPLE ... not the thugs/criminals , getting their guns confiscated by force from their homes. Leaving them defenseless to the criminal activity of the thugs should they choose to break into homes.

This wasn't "a couple of bored guys dresses up in their tacti-cool attire not doing anything" ... it was national guardsmen going from house to house taking guns by force.

DOCTORS
A The number of Doctors in the U.S. is approximately 700,000
B Accidental deaths caused by Doctors per year average 120,000 or 0.171 per Doctor
GUNS
A The number of legal gun owners in the U.S. is currently over 80,000,000
B The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1500 or .000188 per gun owner

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000x more dangerous than gun owners

Remember, Guns don't kill people, DOCTORS do
Old December 9, 2006, 07:19 PM   #10
Pucker

"You can stay but we're disarming you."

I wonder how many people put up real resistance, if any.

(And the one that did was treated as a 'baricaded suspect' and was led out in cuffs)