The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 30, 2005, 01:57 AM   #51
Pointer

He is waving a gun around...

Aim about 15" above the door knob and about 10'' toward the center of the door... and send the perp some splinters...

At least three times...

Be grateful you're alive and able to sort out the particulars later...
Old November 30, 2005, 12:47 PM   #52
shooter1

Quote:
Given the parameters posed by the threadstarter, of course you'd shoot through the door. There's a big difference in shooting through a door because one hears noises on the other side and shooting through a door when somebody's trying to break the door down.

Of course, you shoot, if somebody's beaten the door to the extent that they make a hole in the door. Suggesting that one should always "see a face" in such a situation prior to shooting is childish and simplistic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
+1

The original post said bedroom door. Assuming by then your front door has already been breeched, and someone is trying to break down your bedroom door--------BANG! I doubt this will ever happen to me as my defenses are layered. Anyone would have encountered several obstacles where they would have been challenged prior to getting to that door, which is always open anyway. Bottom line is: if someone's in my house uninvited at any hour, much less in the middle of the night, I'd bet it's not the Avon lady!
Old November 30, 2005, 01:29 PM   #53
Eghad

If I am barricaded in a room and warn someone to stop because I am armed and am going to shoot.... a policeman, fireman, ect would probably back off and talk

If they are still trying to break the door down....they have to be up to no good or crazy.

NRA Life Member