The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 14, 2002, 01:19 PM   #1
Parke1

Ordering from Don Hume. Feedback?

I just ordered a new IWB holster for my Sig 232 from Don Hume (the H715M S.O.O.T., for what it's worth). Yes, I know that there are better holsters out there, but I've seen his work before and am thoroughly impressed by it, so I figured I'd get one of his holsters.

ANYWAY, the order confirmation email I got said expect it to take 30 days to get here. I can live with that, but is this really the case?

Let me know how your experiences went when ordering from Don Hume.

Thanks!
-Parke1
Old November 14, 2002, 07:04 PM   #2
Swamp Yankee

I have ordered several holsters and belts from Don Hume in the past. I have nothing but good things to say about their products and customer service. IIRC all purcchases were received within a week of order date.
30 days seems like a long time. This may be a standard quoted lead time.
Is it possible the item you ordered was out of stock?
Take Care
Old November 14, 2002, 07:08 PM   #3
Parke1

Yankee,

Thanks for your reply. I doubt that the holster I ordered was out of stock, on each page of the order process it stated the 30 day delivery time. I'm thinking you're right about the standard lead time. In any case, I can't wait to check out the goods! My father was a policeman for 30 years in Akron, OH, and has always sworn by the products. He hasn't purchased a new holster in several years, but I'm sure that the quality will be as high as it's always been.

Thanks again,
-Parke1
Old November 14, 2002, 07:17 PM   #4
don't shoot it's me

let us know how you like it and if it has a cant to it....
Old November 17, 2002, 10:49 AM   #5
Prodigalshooter

I have 4 Hume holsters and like them all. As to the wait, I've experienced both ends of the spectrum, twice it was a week, the others were right at 30 days. But the ones I got quick, were in stock at the time, I called to find out. The others I had requested some "massaging", ie, basket weave or hand boning. I have another coming for my new revolver, but this time I got it from Gunner's Alley. They sold me a "seconds" Hume open top paddle for a nicely reduced price and I'll have it in a couple of days.
I like Don Hume Co. products a lot, not putting anyone else's stuff down, but Hume product is good value for the $