The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 7, 2004, 11:07 PM   #1
rustylp

any feed back for my odd ball us springfield/Remington O3A3 .308

??????? about this gun! i've have found a few similer guns like this one but nothing that is the same, its strange to me. so far ive found a few U.S. springfield sporter m1903 guns none with the style stock that is on my gun. one is a 1903 30/06 sporter, the other is a rare 1903 .243, this gun had yellow on its stock . i seen somthing that was almost the same as mine a M1903 sedgley english wood stocked .270 and a 30/06 , the guns were a differant they have a slightly differant action, theres a M1903 A1 A2 A3 A4 one of the actions apperred to be differant, the A3 is a fancy almost crome in color action, the others are just plain black millitarty actions.the stocks are not monte carlo style and they dont have the same gripas my .308. the only one i seen that was even close to looking like it mine was a custom sporter US springfield 1903a3 the only differants i could see was that the custom gun has a thumbhole near the grip and some other odd looking modification to the stock that mine doesnt have. is there any websight thats good about collectables or odd guns .
Old November 26, 2004, 12:15 PM   #2
greg531mi

Do they say Springfield on the barrel?
There were so many sportized 03's out there....
Some were nice, some ulgy....most are now worth less than a stock 03