The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 13, 2013, 06:01 AM   #26
SterlingtheBandit

Quote:
You can't get striker fired metal-framed .45s [to the best of my knowledge: PLEASE correct factual errors here, I want to learn too].
Jmstr - My second hand gun was a Spectre .45 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy_Arms_Spectre. Alchemy isn't around anymore, so I think you're right in the above quote - this is just for anyone who has a burning desire to own a metal-framed, striker-fired .45. Anyway, really, really strange gun. Definitely needed some de-burring, and polishing, and third time out at the range, the front sight post worked its way off the slide. But, it actually was a really enjoyable gun to shoot. And boy did I get questions about it. I wound up selling mine for a considerable percentage profit to a collector to finance a CZ-75B w/Omega trigger, so all was right in the end.

All-in-all, neat gun - if you know a really good gunsmith and want something very, very different. Probably not what Tolesy is looking for.
Past firearms (in order of acquisition): CZ 52, Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, Alchemy Arms Spectre .45, CZ 75B, Smith and Wesson M&P .40c. Past issued weapons: M16A4 w/M203, M4, M249 SAW. Current firearms: CZ P-07 Duty 9mm, To Be Continued.
Old July 13, 2013, 06:47 AM   #27
kahrguy

If you like your M&P you have now and like it why not buy another M&P?? You do have a choice of size and designs with in the m&p line to fill any need. You aready know the trigger, feel and how it aims depending on the holster you use now might you may not need a new one.

I have a rai 1911 tac fs and love the handgun BUT it is not a carry gun for me. More of a just wanted a 1911 with our dumping a pile of money on a really fine model. You need to look a current ria over very well as current QC is lacking a bit but CS is first class if needed.