The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 20, 2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Okie47

Debatable holster question..

First, I did go with a Don Hume IWB. If you were wearing your shirttail out and you accidentally exposed your weapon, which would be more "damaging"; to see the pistol grip and your belt/clip or, the pistol grip and a holster? Does it matter? If not, a lot of snug fitting OWB's are just as good for CC and obviously, open carry when you can. I think this is a legit question as far as "offending" an LEO for instance.
Old March 21, 2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Kreyzhorse

I don't think it matters. If you accidentally brandish, you've shown the butt of your firearm either way. How high the holster rides is of no importance in this case.

As far as offending LEO, their job is to enforce the law. Some will be offended by the simple act of you carrying a fire arm. Others will encourage it. Your holster choice shouldn't be any of their concern much less worry if they are offended by your carry rig.

Worry less about offending and more about carrying in a safe, legal way that is comfortable and most importantly, comforting for you.