The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 20, 2014, 12:20 PM   #1
ligonierbill

American Arms Gentry

American Arms is no longer in business, but some of the guns they marketed are still around. Anyone know something about the "Gentry" side-by-side shotgun? Made in Spain is all I know. I see them for reasonable prices on internet sites.
Old December 20, 2014, 01:11 PM   #2
jaguarxk120

Many of the guns were made by Hermanos Zabala, they started building guns about 1932. The guns are good serviceable doubles that should serve a shooter for a long time.
Don't get me wrong these guns are not Browning's or Beretta's that can be shot 250,000 rounds a year. For general hunting and sport shooting they will last for a very long time.
I have a 20 gauge BLE, I think it shoots well, but that's me. The stocks are plain straight grained hard wood. English grip with checkering and the receiver is color case hardened and engraved. Fixed chokes and 26 inch barrels in the 20 gauge.

Please note there were other makers that American Arms imported from.
If you search on the net there ins a bit of info on the guns.
Old December 20, 2014, 05:07 PM   #3
FITASC

There should be a maker's mark on the barrels or receiver indicating which firm made the gun.