The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 19, 2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Willie Lowman

Detachable mag fed pump

I have seen pump guns converted to take magazines now and again. There is a company now making new shotguns that use a detachable magazine. Black Aces Tactical. They appear to be using mostly Mossberg parts but have their own receiver.

So here is the big question, has anyone had hands on experience with these things? Do they feed well? Is the balance any good? Are they just another novelty scatter gun?

----------------------
This is what I am talking about http://www.blackacestactical.com/

Last edited by Willie Lowman; November 19, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old November 19, 2014, 09:39 PM   #2
Venom1956

looks like it was adapted to take siaga mags.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old November 19, 2014, 11:57 PM   #3
Willie Lowman

Quote:
looks like it was adapted to take siaga mags.
Yeah. That's what has me curious about them. I missed the boat on getting a siaga cheap. A drum fed pump would be great for the annual pumpkin shoot my friends and I have. I know these guns aren't really practical for anything except turning money into noise. I just want to know if they are failure prone junk or if they work well?
Old December 7, 2014, 03:00 AM   #4
MagnumWill

I can't see the website (slow iPad) but depending on the price, it'll probably make more sense to go pick up a Mossberg 930SPX, and it'll be a lot more reliable. Just my .02.