The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 18, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Double Naught Spy

2nd Texas School District OKs Arming Teachers...

http://www.news-journal.com/news/loc...6503e9f8d.html

Ironically, Union Grove is a 2A (size) school district and has voted affirmatively to allow some teachers and administrators to carry guns. They haven't worked out the details yet on how determinations will be made, but the ball is rolling.

Harold ISD was the first district to OK concealed carry by teachers back in 2007.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2
jtmckinney

At least they are Actually doing something that may Actually address the problem. I didn't say solve the problem, there is a difference.

There is no solution but at least the students in their school system will have a chance if this actually comes to pass.

Good article.
James
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"
Old January 19, 2013, 12:58 AM   #3
johnwilliamson062

I thought carrying in Texas schools was categorically allowed.
Old January 19, 2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Nope, it can be granted by permission of those in charge of the schools. Some private schools do allow it on a individual by individual basis (I have been told via a CHL instructor). News of Harold went national when they allowed it.