The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old June 21, 2018, 10:57 PM   #1
kymasabe

Tell me about the HiperFire EDT trigger. Please.

It's a little too late to be asking this question but...
I'm a big fan of the ALG ACT trigger and TomsTactical nickel teflon trigger with Wolff reduced power springs (both feel the same, can' tell them apart, but the Toms setup is $20 cheaper).
Anyway, I ran into a good deal on a newish HiperFire EDT. Looks like may have been installed, and then removed before anyone used it. Light handling marks, a little scuffing where the bolt rode, and trigger/hammer pins were missing. Otherwise, everything else was there and I had extra pins. Assembled it today, works great, feels great.
But, was wondering, since the hammer on this thing is so small, is anyone having light strikes with the EDT triggers? I see they made the hammers bigger and heavier on EDT2 and EDT3.
I really like this hammer and want to keep it, but can't if it's not reliable.
So, tell me what you know about them. Please.
Old June 21, 2018, 11:44 PM   #2
BigBL87

Don't have any personal experience, but I've only heard good things about the EDT triggers. Never heard of light strike issues with them on any consistent basis, but doing some research the EDT2 looks to have the bigger hammer for those concerned about harder primers. Best thing to do is test it with the ammo you typically use. If you don't have a problem with light strikes, you should be good.
Old June 22, 2018, 04:22 PM   #3
imashooter

No EDT but I do have their Hiperfire / Hipertouch 24-C and it's excellent. Using the lightest pull spring. Great product.