The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 22, 2010, 10:20 AM   #26
hartlock

J & G SALES

These folks, back in early to mid 70's were some of the ones holding folks up
on the Smith & Wesson Mod 29 revolvers. I got a flyer from them, stating new
29's were going for 275.00, list price at the time. I called them up, and the
lady that answered laughed in my face! She was very rude, told me i must be
crazy if i thought they were gonna sell me one of those for 275.00! I told her
it was in the flyer they sent out. She just laughed again, and said it wasnt
happening. I vowed never bother calling them ever again, and i havent. They
were sellin em for 550.00 at the time, twice the price of suggested retail!
Old February 27, 2010, 09:27 AM   #27
UpandAtIt

I bid and bought 3 magazines from them via their sales on gunbroker.com. Their ad listed them as Savage Model 23 magazines. I get them and they were not even close. I called and complained and was given the run around that they were for LATER Model 23's. He assured me their gunsmith said they are for model 23's.

What little knowledge I do have is that there is either a 23a, 23aa, 1919, 19 NRA Savages that would have used this mis advertised magazine.

There is NO such thing as later Savage 23's. I was later told that they may need a little fitting. They will not even go into the magazine hole due to the front not being rounded off on the magazine and no back guiding rib.

Wasted $37, time, patience and they would not allow a return due to it being a as is sale on gunbroker. Gunbroker basically says I should have asked questions, even though JGsales ad stated they were for a Savage 23. I am affraid to leave neg feed back as they might retaliate back on me with neg feedback.

They also ended up being after market Triple-K magazines for a Remington. I only found this out by taking them to a gun show and matching them up to old magazines on a table.

Not happy with them and I will not buy anything else from them with such bad customer service and misleading advertising.

I also see someone else got duped on the newest ad for these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=158320415
Old March 3, 2010, 09:49 AM   #28
Hardcase

A couple of months ago, I bought a couple of boxes of 7.62 Nagant ammo from them. I received a couple of AK-47 magazines instead. Obviously, two orders had been swapped - somebody expecting a pair of magazines got some Nagant ammo.

I called J&G up, they sent out a UPS call tag and I returned the magazines. When they got them back, they sent out the ammo. Total time involved was on the order of three or four weeks, but they fixed the error on their dime, as is appropriate.

I'm sure that I'll buy from them again.

I'm pretty sure that I've had some sort of problem with just about every large mail order dealer out there, and not just firearms related. Everybody gets a second chance and, so far, nobody's screwed up so horrendously that they're blackballed by me. Seeing as I'm about the furthest thing from perfection that you can be and not be dead, I don't expect perfection from everyone I deal with.
Old March 9, 2010, 09:12 AM   #29
spacecoast

I don't expect perfection either, but there seems to be a pattern of poor customer service/communication and sloppy processing that need to be tightened up, and of which potential buyers need to be aware. I'm glad they fixed your issue, you fared better than some others.
Old March 12, 2010, 08:00 AM   #30
Logs

I guess I got lucky. I ordered two tins for POF .308 and got them 3 days later. Don't think I will every buy a pistol from them.
Old March 15, 2010, 12:07 AM   #31
SkunkApe

I had a similar experience with J&G.

Ordered a rifle, got a a confirmation email, got another email requesting FFL info, got email that confirmed that. Then nothing. About 10 days go by and I called them. "Oh, sorry, the rifle you ordered is out of stock. We don't know when we will get more in."

I don't get it. What were they gonna do, just leave my order open indefinitely?

On the plus side, at least they didn't charge my credit card.
Old March 17, 2010, 07:04 AM   #32
spacecoast

Quote:
Oh, sorry, the rifle you ordered is out of stock. We don't know when we will get more in.
Wow, that's just not good. Sorry to hear about that, let's hope they check here or read their email and get the message that this is not the way to treat (now ex) customers.