The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 5, 2015, 09:17 AM   #26
redhologram

Try something different. Go with whatever front site you choose but get a ghost ring for the rear sight and see what you think. Did that with one of my 19's and was surprised at how quick you can line up and get your shot.
Old April 5, 2015, 09:22 AM   #27
Tactical Jackalope

Thanks everyone. I did the unimaginable. I got another set of Trijicon HD's.

Took a pic and tapatalk won't let me upload it.

Blah, anyways. Sorry for the askhole moment. Didn't get anything solid. So I just stuck to what I know.

Thanks though everyone!
Old April 6, 2015, 01:48 AM   #28
Brotherbadger

Good choice, I love the HDs.

http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " badger "
Old April 6, 2015, 05:33 AM   #29
dayman

A few times times I've gotten something other than HDs.
The alternatives have ranged from really good (xs), to really bad (truglo), but I always wind up coming back to the trijicons.
Old April 6, 2015, 08:49 AM   #30
stagpanther

Nobody ever seems to mention Tactical Advantage's v-sights--I think they are great especially for tired old eyes with focusing problems. The front pyramid is actually bigger than my crappy cell phone picture shows. With practice it can be both a quick-acquire as well as precision system.

Old April 6, 2015, 10:08 AM   #31
Tactical Jackalope

I remember those! Over here we call them pyramid sights. There's a police officer who tried turning me onto those. I don't know why they never caught on or why I never tried them to be honest.
Old April 6, 2015, 07:38 PM   #32
Pawatch

I have Tru Glo sights on my G26 and I like them a lot.
That is what the sights look like in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (151.1 KB, 28 views)
Old April 6, 2015, 08:03 PM   #33
Tactical Jackalope

I put those TruGlo sights on my fiances Glock 17. I'm not a fan though. Especially with the smoothness of them. But I have to admit they're extremely bright.
Old April 8, 2015, 07:36 AM   #34
rodfac

Conny...how do you like the Dot on Dot tritium types. I've used the Sig 3-dot tritiums for years, but think that the simplicity of the Dot over Dot system might be a better, quicker arrangement. What say you...Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old April 8, 2015, 01:31 PM   #35
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodfac View Post
Conny...how do you like the Dot on Dot tritium types. I've used the Sig 3-dot tritiums for years, but think that the simplicity of the Dot over Dot system might be a better, quicker arrangement. What say you...Rod
I have XS sights on my Glock 42 as my major SHTF scenario (BUG) and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a shot past 7 yards. Now it is excessive in comparison against, say an older fashioned Sig. With the dot up front and the line on the back sight. Those I don't mind at all. But I like the option of taking a precise shot if need be with my 3 dot. I mainly focus on the front sight in the day time where there is enough light to hone in on that cyan green florescent front sight.

Nothing beats a U-notch and post.

As for quicker dot the i or lollipop sights, yes. They're faster up close. 7 or 10 yards max. But aim big, miss big. Aim small, miss small. I don't like having any handicaps especially if I don't need to. I love all the odds in my favor. Even if it's a fraction of a second.
Old April 8, 2015, 03:13 PM   #36
iblong

Another vote for Ameriglo I dot pro's My favorite sight at a fair price.
I run the orange front on my 19 and they work great for IDPA.
Also look at he Ameriglo hackathorne bright front black rear,I run these on my XDS 4.0 and Shield.
Old April 8, 2015, 05:18 PM   #37
Snyper

Quote:
Nobody ever seems to mention Tactical Advantage's v-sights-
I suspect that's because they aren't really "night sights" and that's what the OP asked about
Old April 8, 2015, 07:08 PM   #38
Tactical Jackalope

+1 Snyper

And iblong, if they work for you then more power to you!

Wanted to ask you guys, since I'm here on the topic of sight.. I have a Sig P229 Elite Dark, with the "combat sights" the adjustable ones with the Siglite night sights in them. I would like to change those out to Trijicon HD's as I have them on my P226 as well. I hear the cut is different on the Elite Dark and I won't be able to use anything after market other than a rear sight from Gray Guns. Which, unfortunately doesn't have a nice 90 degree ledge or even tritium. Any ideas?

Tapatalk, once again won't let me upload the pics I want.

Google 2010 Elite Dark.
Old April 8, 2015, 07:30 PM   #39
Snyper

Quote:
I have Tru Glo sights on my G26 and I like them a lot.
That is what the sights look like in the dark.
Are those the combo Tritium/Fiber Optics?

If so , how do they look in daylight?
Old April 8, 2015, 07:35 PM   #40
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
Are those the combo Tritium/Fiber Optics?

If so , how do they look in daylight?
Have them on my ladies G17. They look how they sound. In day time they look like tritium. Bright as can be. And at night, they're tritium.
Old April 8, 2015, 07:40 PM   #41
Snyper

Quote:
Have them on my ladies G17. They look how they sound. In day time they look like tritium. Bright as can be. And at night, they're tritium.
Thanks

I think I'll try a set on my G23, since the originals are over 20 years old and getting tough to see at night
Old April 8, 2015, 07:42 PM   #42
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
Thanks

I think I'll try a set on my G23, since the originals are over 20 years old and getting tough to see at night
Trijicon HD's. 0_0 One handed manipulations. Bright front. Brighter front in the daytime.
Old April 8, 2015, 08:04 PM   #43
stagpanther

Quote:
Quote:
Nobody ever seems to mention Tactical Advantage's v-sights-
I suspect that's because they aren't really "night sights" and that's what the OP asked about

"* LOW AMBIENT LIGHT - The ATS is the most visible of any iron sight in low ambient light where the overwhelming majority of tactical situations occur. The large florescent inserts of the ATS are visible and easily acquired in diminished ambient light where fiber optics cease to glow and where tritium "night sights" still need more darkened environments.

* FIREFLY NIGHT SIGHT UPGRADE - FOR THOSE THAT NEED TO SEE IN DARKNESS - Firefly front sight inserts will glow for many hours with a short exposure to a strong light source, for example: 1 minute of strong summer (winter sun is less) sunlight; positioning the firefly 1" to 2" under a 75 watt lamp; 45+seconds directly under a ultra violet source, will produce sustained glow for a prolonged duration of time. In addition, when the glow has finally diminished or is close to the end of a glow duration, just two seconds of a tactical light will bring back the glow for a significant amount of time. Once charged, casual exposure to some ambient, will increase glow time duration. The Fireflies never wear out or lose their glow capabilities. One may expect decades of use with the Firefly."
Old April 9, 2015, 09:01 AM   #44
Snyper

Quote:
From their web (and I do have them):

"* LOW AMBIENT LIGHT - The ATS is the most visible of any iron sight in low ambient light where the overwhelming majority of tactical situations occur. The large florescent inserts of the ATS are visible and easily acquired in diminished ambient light where fiber optics cease to glow and where tritium "night sights" still need more darkened environments.
Their sales hype doesn't make them real night sights

Real night sights use Tritium, not some cheap substitute that relies on an outside light source
Old April 9, 2015, 10:13 AM   #45
stagpanther

Whatever.
Old April 9, 2015, 07:24 PM   #46
FlySubCompact

Questions...

If I decide to send a pistol in to Glock for new night sites, do you send the whole gun in, or just the slide?

Also, are these factory sites one color? Color choices?
Old April 9, 2015, 07:50 PM   #47
Snyper

Quote:
If I decide to send a pistol in to Glock for new night sites, do you send the whole gun in, or just the slide?
There's no reason they would need more than the slide for just installing sights
Old April 9, 2015, 09:39 PM   #48
Viper99

Trijicon's on my G27.
Old April 9, 2015, 09:57 PM   #49
sikiguya

Ameriglo CAP front and Heinie rear.