The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 28, 2021, 08:36 PM   #26
The Happy kaboomer

Loose mag in left front pocket. No big deal.
Old April 29, 2021, 10:43 AM   #27
Average Joe

If I need that mag in a hurry, I don't want to be fumbling around with any kind of case.
Old April 29, 2021, 02:17 PM   #28
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webleymkv View Post

If you wanted to carry in a regular pants pocket, they also offer the Mag-Packer, but this wouldn't work for me personally as I wouldn't have any pockets to put my keys, pocket knife, flashlight, etc. in.

https://www.desantisholster.com/mag-packer/
Yes, having one pocket dedicated to pocket carry of a gun makes everything else a juggling act.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old May 1, 2021, 03:01 PM   #29
jr24

I dunno, seems to work fine in a back pocket. Folding knife in one, wallet, clasp knife and small flashlight in the other, mag in a back pocket and phone in the other. Keys go in a jacket pocket or clipped to a belt loop.
Old May 3, 2021, 06:08 PM   #30
perpster

Mine go commando.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:42 AM   #31
wild willy

Bought 4 of the Ammo Armor carriers.Their running a 4 for the price of 3 deal $9.00 apiece delivered.I like them.No there not for fast reloads but if you want to throw a couple extra mags in your pocket,tackle or glove box with other stuff they fit nicely and will protect you magazine.
Old May 11, 2021, 03:26 AM   #32
Cosmodragoon

Look into pocket organizers. They come in different makes and shapes, usually made from leather but sometimes nylon or other synthetics. The point is to orient things vertically in pocket and keep them separated, both from each other and anything else. For instance, you might be able to carry a spare magazine alongside a flashlight and/or pen.

A guy I know has one from the Arc Company. He uses it to carry a P365 mag, a Space Pen, an AA flashlight, and a Civivi Elementum. It effectively creates a wallet for those items such he can just grab it or stow it as a single item.
Old May 13, 2021, 09:02 AM   #33
langenc

Some good magazine holsters out there.

If you want to be top shelf have one made that rides on the belt, parallel w/ belt. Stops wear and makes accessabilty much better. Your coins will love it too.