The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old January 19, 2000, 05:40 PM   #1
LoneStar

I bought myself a Rem 700 BDL 22-250 for Christmas. She's got the aluminum bedded synthetic stock, custom varmint barrel, custom trigger, and a 6x18 Burris scope.
I thought it was a pretty good deal @ $600.

I'd only taken her to the range once to sight her in just before the end of deer/turkey season, and managed to take my nicest Tom (11 inch beard, @ about 25 yards)
with this rifle.

Anyway, to the brag part, I took her to the range Monday for some "Serious" shooting. I took a box of Core-Lokt 55grn (my usual, cheap), and splurged on a box of Federal 55grn boat-tail hollow-point. The Core-Lokt shot well, under 1" groups at 100 yards, BUT the Federal, well at 100 yards, I shot a 5 shot group that was completely covered by a NICKEL! I am in Love!
Old January 19, 2000, 08:49 PM   #2
capbuster

a great caliber and a great rifle. a hard combination to beat. i bought a md 788 in this caliber when that model first came out and it made a believer out of me. another firearm i wish i had held on to. you all take care.

------------------

cliff