The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 20, 2010, 03:06 PM   #1
sebou

HUBERTUS trade name

I'm seeking to this brand found on several Black powder revolver. It's stamped on the side of barrel from Reminton Texas (1975, 1976 & 1979).

I know this brand were stamped on SAA from PIETTA, and also on revolver with 2 elongated diamonds (i think it's MOFRA di mainardi).
Hubertus seems like a German trade name. I don't know if it was a manufacturer of barrel, but it seems to be.
Someone know this brand ?
I will put there some pics of the HUBERTUS stamp.
Thanks for your help
Seb
Old March 21, 2010, 04:05 AM   #2
arcticap

Quote:
Hubertus seems like a German trade name.
Hubertus is listed in an Italian Tradename [gun] database as being East German.

http://www.earmi.it/armi/database/brand_h.htm
Old March 21, 2010, 09:24 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

Quote:
2 elongated diamonds
I always thought that was a Pietta trade mark.
Old March 21, 2010, 11:43 AM   #4
sebou

ok i found that ;
on the NCIC gun data code:
Quote:
Hubertus EM HUB -----> HUBERTUS Tradename of Inman, Meffert Gewehrfabrik, Suhl, ms, Germany on sporting arms, c.1839-1945.
What is the "EM" country code ?

2 Diamonds logo :
I SUPPOSE it cause my search fall me in that way:

Moffra di mainardi (Brescia 1971): "di mainardi" as the same of EUROMANUFACTURE di mainardi (bought by PALMETTO around 1980.)
Moffra revovler was sell by Replica Arms. MOFRA This has been found on Patersons sold by Replica Arms. Two longcated Diamonds with side points touching. Also found on Replica Arms.
Special thanks to BP REOLVER who has made some research about this logo.

hope this help...
Seb

Last edited by sebou; March 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add pics
Old March 27, 2010, 07:11 PM   #5
bprevolver

MOFRA & Double Diamond

I thought I had isolated the MOFRA and Double Diamond logos as Pietta based on the production of certain revolvers I have only seen MOFRA on Paterson that were produced in the mid-1960's when Pietta first got into the market. They were the only manufacturer of the Paterson revolver in 1960-70-80's. Uberti did not actually start producing the Paterson until the 1990's. If anyone has ever seen a Uberti Paterson earlier than 1990 please post.

The Double Diamond appears on several different revolver models in the 1960-1970's. Pietta started using variations of their current markings in late 1980's on. One exception is a beautifully finished 1851 Navy made in 1974 with FAB under the loading lever.

I have discovered very recently about some of the unknown marks as:

COM
DOM
PR
MOFRA
Double Diamond

In talking with Lesley Field the only surviving pioneer in the replica industry I have learned that back in the late 1950's & 1960's that there were numerous "Mom & Pop" gun makers in the Gardone and Bresica area of Italy. These were engaged in only making certain parts of various revolvers for ASM, Pietta, Palmetto and Uberti. They marked their parts with their logos.

As an example, I have observed that the COM and DOM have only been found on very early ASM revolvers in around 1974-78. According to Mr. Field we will probably never know who these small shops were.
Old March 27, 2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Hawg

Quote:
with FAB under the loading lever.
FAB or FAP?
Old March 27, 2010, 10:07 PM   #7
RJay

EM = German Democratic Republic ( AKA Easr Germany )
Old April 4, 2010, 06:41 AM   #8
sebou

i never see PIETTA with double diamonds. I know that FAP into a single diamond as Fratelli Armi PIETTA or FAP without diamond, both of them with various style but always as i told you before.
If this could help you, i can post here some pics from PIETTA logo ?

About Hubertus, the country code is EM = East Germany (thanks for the info)
I think thete the barel manufacturer from a specific brand. Like , Hege with Uberti, or Lothar, Orion with ASM & PIETTA., Neumann.

Seb