The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 10, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1
sirdiealot

girsan 1911

thinking of buying a girsan 1911. Does anyone have any exp with one of these, good bad, stay the hell away, jump on it.

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old February 10, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Never heard of it.
Old February 10, 2013, 07:44 PM   #3
royal barnes

Turkish made 1911. Bud's is selling them for $400 or so plus shipping. There are several mini-reviews on the net. None bad but no one has more than a couple of hundred rounds through theirs so far. Turkish guns go from very good to downright awful.
Old February 10, 2013, 08:06 PM   #4
sirdiealot

so its basically a ymmv, what the hell on a good week when i get my place in the county up and going i plan on putting about 400 rds a week off my back deck in diff calibers. so guess i will order one and tell you guys how it is lol.

...Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.
Old March 5, 2013, 11:54 PM   #5
THIRDLAW

Girsan mc1911 hc

I ordered one of these the day it showed up on buds guns, been sitting on it a month but finally got a chance to shoot it today. Its very nice, besides putting some skin gripz opperator grips on it and polishing the ramp it shoots accurate and smooth. I love the hell out of this gun. The act mag that came with it sucks though. Ive heard act mags can work depending on your 1911 but mine would nosedive every round, I picked up some kimber 7 rounders and a mccormick 8 rd power + mag, not one ftf or stovepipe. If you can find one of these still I suggest getting it. These should not be priced under 500 for how sweet they are.
Old March 7, 2013, 01:59 PM   #6
tekarra

I have read some good reports on several forums. However I have a couple of negative reports as well.
Old March 7, 2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

The Turkish 1911 I have seen was made by Tisas. Does anyone know for certain whether Girsan is the same company or a different company?