The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 31, 2017, 01:36 PM   #26
ranchito457

They will never see any money from me!!!!
Old January 31, 2017, 02:00 PM   #27
Sevens

Quote:
CTD and ANY seller has the God given right to charge what they want for their own property. Disagree?
DO NOT DISAGREE
...and CTD continues to reap what they sow, much like you put it in your subject line. "Good grief, another CTD thread?"

Wow, how long has it been since CTD played the hand the way they saw fit? And yet, here we are? ONE GUY opens a discussion and says, "hey CTD, whaddya think?" and just look at the spitstorm.

Not one person in this thread even hinted at any idea of them being forced out of business or "legally punished," rather everyone thinks they are slime and their very name wrankles everyone who has chosen to reply. And this is years later.

Everything has happened exactly as it should. CTD did as they chose, the buying class continues to react to it. Yep, they *are* still in business (so is Gander Mountain and plenty of other retailers that savvy shoppers laugh at...), all is well in free market America.
Old January 31, 2017, 02:22 PM   #28
FNS-40

I bought my FNX-40 from them for $399. That was about 6 months ago.
Old January 31, 2017, 03:23 PM   #29
osbornk

Quote:
CTD and ANY seller has the God given right to charge what they want for their own property. Disagree?
And we customers have the God given right to not buy their property and many of us have done so. They went from a business that people were happy to deal with and used frequently to a business is used as a last resort.
Old January 31, 2017, 03:40 PM   #30
ShootistPRS

I hold grudges against businesses for doing things that are not in the best interests of their customers. What CTD did was a good short term business decision but it was a rotten thing to do to their customers.

When S&W petitioned SAAMI to lower the operating pressures of the 357 Magnum because their lighter guns would not handle continued use at the original pressures it was a business decision to keep from having to redesign their guns for the caliber they help create. A good business decision but not good for the shooters. They had that pressure lowered again just two years later. Then the government wanted to place restrictions on the way certainguns operated. While Ruger and others took it to court to fight it S&W just quietly complied. That may have been a good business solution but it wasn't good for the industry or the customers. Now you get a lock that disables your gun when you buy a S&W gun - and you pay for it whether you want it or not.

As I said, I hold grudges. I won't do business with CTD or S&W. There are many more places that actually work for their field and customers at the same time. They deserve my business because they have earned my respect.

Sometimes a short term business decision is good for the bottom line for a while but it hurts the industry and the consumers over the longer span. That makes it a poor decision long term even though you spend less money than those who fight the battle for their customers and their industry. I would rather support those businesses that support me that give money to those who don't. That is also part of free enterprise.
Old January 31, 2017, 03:41 PM   #31
Evan Thomas

I think we've pretty much established that nobody likes CTD, and now the discussion is starting to go in circles, so... closed.