The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old May 15, 2020, 08:33 PM   #1
ReloadKy

savage 110 hunter repair update

Some of you all may remember that I had to send a rifle back to Savage because there was a burr in the chamber that did not allow the bolt to retract and eject the spent cartridge.

I got the rifle back today. Savage reamed the chamber and then polished the chamber. I got it home and remounted the scope and was able to take it out and shoot a few times. Everything worked as it was supposed to. However, I did not recieve compensation for my shipping or trouble. After sighting in with some factory winchester 140 gr powerpoints I decided to try my 120 Nosler ballistic tip handloads. I got a 3 shot 0.436 inch group at 100 yards. Today in KY we had winds gusting up to 20 mph so it was not a great day to shoot so I was very pleased with the group.
Old May 17, 2020, 07:14 PM   #2
ndking1126

Good deal. Glad they made it right.. stinks on the shipping costs, but that seems pretty standard. Savage is a great company in my opinion.
Old May 17, 2020, 07:18 PM   #3
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndking1126 View Post
Good deal. Glad they made it right.. stinks on the shipping costs, but that seems pretty standard. Savage is a great company in my opinion.
I have not paid shipping in a very long time. Most e-mail me a label for warranty.
Old May 18, 2020, 06:34 AM   #4
Rimfire5

You only get a pre-paid label if you notify Savage of the problem and they direct that you send it back to them.

If you decide to send it back to them without their pre-concurrence, the sender pays the cost of shipping.
Old May 18, 2020, 04:53 PM   #5
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfire5 View Post
You only get a pre-paid label if you notify Savage of the problem and they direct that you send it back to them.

If you decide to send it back to them without their pre-concurrence, the sender pays the cost of shipping.
Why would I want to ship it back with no pre authorization?
Old May 18, 2020, 08:36 PM   #6
ReloadKy

I had pre authorization from a rep with Savage. Guy told me to send it to them (told me it probably had a burr in the chamber, which i already I knew based on the spent brass) and they would check it out and send a couple mags down range to make sure it was working before it was sent back to me.
Old May 18, 2020, 08:51 PM   #7
ReloadKy

Heck I even emailed (call center was shut down due to covid-19) and asked for a prepaid shipping label and couldn't get one.