The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 19, 2016, 01:56 PM   #1951
Joniki

Hello...

John here from NE Indiana. Been lurking for a while but finally registered. Long time gun enthusiast with many different areas of interest.
Old February 20, 2016, 01:17 PM   #1952
blucross

Hi there,
I'm a british national I moved to AZ some months ago.
Old February 22, 2016, 08:55 PM   #1953
CALAMBE

Hey TFL,
I've been in love with firearms from the youngest of age. My first memory of firearms is my granddad showing me firearms and showing me how to use them and the safety and importance of firearms safety. I proudly own a DPMS Panther Arms Oracle that I currently have set up for long range shooting. I also have a Savage Axis bolt gun for hunting and a Rem 1300 pump shotty in 20 gauge.
I know more about firearms than some people twice my age.
But I am willing to learn so much more about firearms.
Old February 22, 2016, 09:26 PM   #1954
THEWELSHM

I'm new around here I'll bet I'm the only Welsh gun owner that reloads on this site

Thewelshm
Old February 24, 2016, 04:33 AM   #1955
pcgunner

Recently joined - I reload and knock out paper Looking to learn and offer insights as I can
Old February 24, 2016, 09:15 AM   #1956
deseag007

Hello from Indiana

Greeting's TFL members. My name is Larry and I have been reloading since the mid 80's. I have always used the Lee single stage press and am now looking to step up to newer and better equipment. I plan to post quite a bit in the reloading forum area so if you see me out there let's have a discussion on anything from load recipe's, caliber, equipment, and so fourth.

Thanks for allowing me in and I hope to be a useful contributor.
Old February 25, 2016, 05:55 PM   #1957
Shimpy

I've been on the forum for awhile but only today found this introduction post. I've been shooting all my life and have gone from plinking with 22's to centerfire pistols and rifles. I got into reloading and then casting bullets. Then got into swaging bench rest quality bullets and benchrest shooting for years around the south at matches. Being a machinist and toolmaker I started doing my own chambering of bench guns and building my loading dies, powder measures, priming tools, etc. I later got into metallic silhouette shooting for pistols. Through the years I started losing places to shoot and now only have a couple local indoor ranges to shoot in which I really don't enjoy. I'm now retired and only occasionally shoot paper at one of those indoor ranges. My best memories were of shooting and reloading and I still enjoy reading about them.
Old February 27, 2016, 02:01 PM   #1958
Dorian

Greetings

I am a Namibian resident and obviously a firearms enthusiast, among many other interests. I envy US residents for the Castle Doctrine and am opposed to hunting for sport.
Old February 29, 2016, 04:20 PM   #1959
dschifan

I'm Dustin and sad to say from California lol. Been a avid shooter my whole life and hunter. Hopefully Will be in Arizona or Texas soon for some freedom!
Old March 4, 2016, 12:11 PM   #1960
ZuluFoxtrot

Another FNG lol.

Hello all! New guy from Texas. Been shooting about as long as I can remember. Live in the greater DFW area. Served during the Bosnian war. 11BangBang1Parachute. Glad to be here. Been lurking for a while and have already gotten tons of great advice and ideas from you guys.
Old March 8, 2016, 03:39 PM   #1961
us920669

Hello everybody, I've been bending your ears for a while so I guess I should step up to the mike. Name's Doug, been living in the DC suburbs for my whole life - we're actually not that badly outnumbered around here. My folks came down from Western Pennsylvania to work for WW II. Dad was an engineer, deer & duck hunter, gun nut, reloader, church usher and a sane and sober citizen who always tried to lend a hand, and I follow his example.
I'll soon be 70 and I think my hunting days are pretty much behind me, but I killed my first deer at 17 and hunted Africa twice in my 50s. I did collecting pretty hard in the 80s and 90s - I did feel the romance of it but I also had a sense of where it was heading. I would bid on some of the best stuff in the high dollar auctions, wait a few years and send it back to the same place - got to be like a broken slot machine, although I did get swindled once, by a real pro, I understand. I had Confederate guns, a US trials pistol - I shudder to think of it sometimes. I finally sent it all back in to go to Africa, and I don't regret it a bit.
Mostly it's been reloading. I don't think I've ever owned a gun I intended to shoot that I didn't tool up for, and I'm still at it.
I've probably sounded off too freely at times - it's tough not to get obsessed when you're retired - but I'll try to be more circumspect in the future.

Last edited by us920669; March 8, 2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old April 1, 2016, 02:34 PM   #1962
scoobyshoot

Brandnew member from the year Kennedy died.
From Belgium and living there.
Have only a Buckmark Contour,Remington 22LR and an AirArms510FAC.
Pregnant from a CZ 557 Varmint 308, 26" barrel 1/10" twist,11 pounds.
Is for around june. In Belgium only 110 yard shooting possible.
Exept for AmericanMilitary base,300m and 400m, but memberstop
I have sporting shooter license,what means i can buy directly a half-aut gun in.22LR without a gun license. A half-aut gun in 9mm are +,a half-aut .22LR Is not allowed without a gun licence. Gun license cost about 160dollar/weapon and kids and wife must sign and agree.
But a Cz557 IN 308,bolt action i can take from store without signing one thing,crazy. For the moment in the club where i shoot, there is a real babyboom off new members see www.hsvshooting.be. Reason,,,who knows?
Old April 3, 2016, 11:10 AM   #1963
Relyt

Hiiiiiiiiii

Well, well, well. I am apart of many forums, most watch forums etc. I tried the firearm forums in the past and got sick of how evil people try to be when we all have the same interest.

Anyway, I googled best firearm forum and this was #1, so I'm going to give it a try again.

Little about me: I'm a police K9 Handler.
I love collecting and tinkering with guns.

My safe(s) include GLOCK- 17,19,22,23,26,27,42,43,43 (several are modified)
Highly modified Anderson AR15 (for nistalga.... I live where they are made.)
Ruger Precision Rifle
SIG MPX SBR
Benelli SBEii
Benelli M4
Ruger 10/22
And quite a few more. Sadly I happened to have lost all of these guns In a boating accident... Tee he he he he. They all happened to sink to the bottom of thr Atlantic Ocean..... Tee he he he.

I'm also fortunate enough, due to my job, to be issued an H&K G36. Man is that gun sweet.

I'm here to learn, share my knowledge, and just have fun. Thanks everyone.

My work partner K9 Fraser "double dog" dares you to run. Plenty of pun intended.
Old April 3, 2016, 12:26 PM   #1964
at22at9

New to the Firing line

Hello all. New to the forum and have lots of questions on the most confusing gun law in the states.
Old April 15, 2016, 09:46 PM   #1965
buckmt1

Greetings

New to TFL, long time hunter\outdoors advocate. Hail from Pa. Former NRA firearms instructor\home defence Commwealth police officer. Glad to join the group.
Charlie

Artillery King Of The Battlefield
Old May 11, 2016, 12:49 PM   #1966
Footslogger

hHell firing line members

I am a retired Army combat vet .
I have been carrying for 16 years and have been shooting and part of the firearms culture to one degree or another since I was very young.
Old May 16, 2016, 01:14 PM   #1967
The_Jerkman

Hello everyone!

Names Jeff I am planning on getting into reloading for my latest addition a .300Wby. I plan to start reloading for the rifle come the middle/end of July for an upcoming mule deer & antelope hunt first week of October. I currently shotshell reload, but this will be my first adventure into rifle cartridge reloading. I recently picked up a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Kit which included:

• Rock Chucker Supreme Press
• M500 Mechanical Scale
• Uniflow™ Powder Measure
• Hand Priming Tool
• Universal Case Load Block
• .17-.60 Debur Tool
• Hex Key Set
• Case Lube Kit
• Powder Funnel
• Nosler #7 Reloading Manual

Any recommendations on who makes the best book? The nosler book only seems to include nosler bullets, go figure. I want to use my barnes tsx 180 grains.

I was wondering what else I'll be needing to get started for cooking up some precision rounds as well as any suggestions to models/brands of each equipment recommended. Thank you guys in advanced and I look forward to learning a ton here!

Jeff "The Jerkman"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old May 22, 2016, 09:19 PM   #1968
alauf

Just joined the forum from SW WI. Trying to learn as much as I can. Hopefully this is the place!
Old May 23, 2016, 02:03 AM   #1969
ifithitu

Hi everyone,I don't think I introduce myself,I will be known as " ifithitu " from Derby City Kentucky, aka Louisville, to this forum!Thanks for excepting me into this forum.

Last edited by ifithitu; May 23, 2016 at 02:12 AM.
Old June 1, 2016, 12:51 PM   #1970
federalist

I'm new and I see no forum specific to shotguns?

Hi.

I am a long term firearms, 2nd amendment enthusiast.

I was surprised to notice that I saw no group specifically focused on shotguns?

Can't we start one?

How does one contact the administrators/site managers/forum supervisors?

I see no "contact" link on the tool bar at the top.

"Federalist"

Go check this out: The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum
Old June 9, 2016, 12:49 PM   #1971
CryptoWeenie

Good to be here. Looking forward to some good conversation on guns and concealed carry.
Old June 11, 2016, 08:20 PM   #1972
Rickless1978

I'm Ricky and I'm looking for any info on a 1873 Colt Peacemaker 1st Gen .45 I found if it brings any value. Thanks.
Old June 16, 2016, 04:52 PM   #1973
GarandTd

Hello everyone. Chad from Western PA here. I've hunted in my youth, but do not currently hunt. I also do not shoot frequently, not that I wouldn't like to.
I joined TFL after a recent gun raffle win rekindled my interest in firearms. I have a rather small eclectic mix of shoulder fired arms that are mostly antiques and have been passed down through generations of my family.
I'm looking to learn a little bit more about the guns I have and any I may be interested in in the future. There is much for me to learn and hopefully a little I can give back.
Thanks for having me.
Old June 25, 2016, 10:17 AM   #1974
MoMan

Stopping in to say "howdy" from Western Kentucky!!

Howdy Y'all!
MoMan here. I've been around firearms as long as I can remember. I retired late last year and find I have more time to shoot, which ain't a bad thing!
We moved down here from NY, don't hold that against me! We left NY as soon as I retired. We actually purchased our home down here the previous year in anticipation of leaving NY. Our thought process was that if we didn't do it that way we would get complacent and never do it, being stuck in NY for an eternity.
I have a "few" handguns, and rifles. I like the older revolvers, and the newer semi-auto handguns. I love to reload as it allows me plenty of opportunity to shoot.
I'm looking forward to participating on this forum, and hopefully I can offer some input.

MO
Old June 30, 2016, 08:54 PM   #1975
GunMaverick

Never fear, GunMaverick is here!

Hi all,

I'm GunMaverick, from WA state. Need plenty of answers to my innumerous questions! Just joined, but have been lurking around many forums for years.

GunMaverick

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent