The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 6, 2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Sharkbite

Correcting an APPROVED form 1....

Well i happened to be looking over my approved form 1 for some other info and noticed the "model" box has "300blackout" entered in it.

This is NOT what i put in the eforms application. I chose the manufacture (Spikes Tactical) and used the drop down menu to select the model from the avail options. In this case "SL15".

It got approved a cpl months ago, but i just noticed this error. I know for a fact i did not enter the caliber in the model box. Caliber is listed as 7.62, so thats correct

So, my stamped form 1 has the gun listed as a "make"-Spikes..."model"-300Blackout

What do i do? Just leave it alone? Call ATF and try to get them to change it??

I know guys that have had eforms rejected for minor clerical errors on their apps. How does ATF approve a form with a caliber as the model. ESPECIALLY since its not even an option on the dropdown menu??!?!!?!??

Grrrrrrr.....
Old July 6, 2014, 04:57 PM   #2
Sharkbite

Well im on my way to my NFA dealer to sign another form 4. I guess ill ask him
Old July 6, 2014, 08:13 PM   #3
Deja vu

I know you can send in corrections. I have done some my self.I dont think its a huge deal, it just requires you fill out the proper form. When you get it back make sure you store a copy of it along with your stamp.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...