The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 3, 2008, 02:40 AM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Maverick 88 aquistion...

I got hold of a Maverick 88 in a trade... traded a lorcin .380 for a Mav 88 and a Marlin 336 .30-30 lever gun.
Did I get screwed?
I need to know how to pull down the action for a deep cleaning. I own a 500 but have long since forgotten how to tear it down.
It is 2 years old and has 250 rounds or so thru it.
Brent
Old June 3, 2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Doyle

Let me get this straight. You got a Maverick 88 AND a Marlin 336 for one Saturday Night Special Lorcin? People like you disgust me. Why can't I ever find deals like that?
Old June 3, 2008, 09:23 AM   #3
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Doyle, Man I tried to dissuade the chap from wanting the Lorcin Jam-a-matic! I mean how many ways do you have to say NO!
I tried putting a fairly high dollar figure on it. Than I had to put up with the PLEASE... PRETTY PLEASE trade you my MAV and I said NAW.... Than Okay my mav and my marlin... Well I couldn't actually make him throw in a single shot 20 gauge. The guy is gonna need at least one firearm he can depend on!.... As I said in the rifle section, I have a bit of guilt but nothing a few hundred rounds won't shake off me! In the mean time I have seen this Mav fail to cycle but I think it is due to the guy not knowing zackly how to rack shells... (he is young) and figure a good cleaning won't hurt.
Brent