The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 7, 2005, 10:36 AM   #51
MEDDAC19

I have read this thread with amusement and decided to ignore it, but then saw this and had to comment.
Quote:
But it made me realize that after the fact, these women could have called a cop to claim that I had hit them!. After all, the cars were now rearranged in that order.
Think about what you just wrote dude. The damage was to the rear of your car and the front of theirs.
Quote:
When we stopped again, this time MY car was behind HERS. Two young women got out, OBVIOUSLY slightly inebriated.
What an oxymoron, there is no such thing as OBVIOUSLY slightly inebriated. This would be the reason to call the police. You are a proponent of carrying in the bathroom, place your cell on silent, so that your tactical position isn't compromised, all in the name of safety.

Now, you have right in front of you, two people with a 2000 lb tactical weapon, that actually can be called, a one shot man stopper, and you let them drive away!

I think you need to get your head out of, your tactical cell phone tones, carry in the shower, etc... and get some common sense. You worry about all the what ifs, with a slight chance of ever happening scenarios and fail to see an obvious threat, to alot of peoples lives, and just ignored it.
Old October 7, 2005, 11:49 AM   #52
Russ538

"But it made me realize that after the fact, these women could have called a cop to claim that I had hit them!. After all, the cars were now rearranged in that order.
-----

Think about what you just wrote dude. The damage was to the rear of your car and the front of theirs."

Actually, he said there was no noticable damage. In that case, the women could infact claim that he hit them (whether they'd win that argument is another story). There would be no vehicle damage, but we all know these women could grab their necks and claim whiplash, even with a bump so small as to not cause vehicle damage. It's his word against theirs if there is no witness.

And I'm not so sure how easy it would be to keep them from leaving the scene until the police got there, because he didn't even have a cell phone. The most he could do was write down their license plate and call the police when he found a phone.
Old October 7, 2005, 03:49 PM   #53
cje1980

Just cover the phone speaker when you dial. When I used to work night shift I used to turn off my phone so people wouldn't back me at 7:00AM. When I turned it off my phone played songs, I would just cover the speaker and it wasn't audible at all to my wife, who was usually sound asleep when I got home.
Old October 7, 2005, 10:38 PM   #54
Dust_Devil

Except for the incomming calls and alarms I don't have my cell phone set for sounds for any other features, such as pressed buttons, on/off, etc.

I didn't never thought of having them off for any tactical reason, which is now a good additional reason, but I was just didn't care for all the "beeps" when pressing the buttons.