The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 28, 2002, 02:12 AM   #1
mosinjoe

shotgun load overpressure revisited

First of all I want to say thank you for your responses and advice. What I've found out from my gunsmith is that someone had, sometime in the past, reamed the bore to three inches! It would be easy to assume (I hate to assume !) that whoever did this modification wanted to shoot three inch loads for what ever reason. Well, all is not lost. The ejector problem can be repaired and I'm having the barrell shortened to 26 inches and having a cylinder choke tube installed. It will be able to use other restrictions as well. I'll just use it for a beating the bush bunny buster and be happy at that. Oh, I almost forgot that I'm also having a tru-glo sight installed as well. This should be a fun gun to hunt small game when all is said and done. Again, thanks for the replies.