The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old January 28, 2009, 11:40 AM   #26
The Great Mahoo

I'd recommend a standard expanding baton over a stun baton. Lighter, simpler, and lot cheaper. No fancy gadgets to go wrong, just simply knockdown power. Something along the lines of these.

A number of years ago, I studied martial arts and worked in a specialty store which carried various defensive items. I got very good, very quickly with the batons, though fortunately I never had to use one. They take some practice with, but you can use them to quickly disable your attacker and there isn't much to go wrong with them. I find them to be great for less-lethal defensive items.

They can be deployed quickly, strike hard, and are super easy to carry. A quick strike ot the wrist or knee will thwart an agressor, usually taking them out of the fight unless they are very determined.
Old February 22, 2009, 07:00 PM   #27
armsmaster270

The problem with the stun baton is the BG can grab it before you touch him and he can break it, take it and use it on you. The taser they say zap him , put it on the ground while it is going through its timed shock sequence and leave it. make a police report and they will replace it free.
Old February 23, 2009, 04:27 PM   #28
Mr. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen
You can buy a cattle prod at a feed and seed store. I know. My brother bought one for his girl friend for Christmas in South Carolina.
Man, that's one tough broad!!

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat
Old February 23, 2009, 04:47 PM   #29
pax

Closed as an antique.

pax
Closed Thread