The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 27, 2012, 07:56 AM   #1
davery25

Used Miroku Mk10 sporter

Hi guys,

There's a used Miroku mk10 that's 10 years old and has fired 10 cases (5000 rounds) of trap shells in this time for sale. Pictures have been provided and the gun looks in very good nick and has had an adjustable comb installed and the forcing cones done.

Ignore the prices - it's Australia so prices are always high, but a new standard Miroku Mk10 grade 1 will cost $2500, this ones $1650 and will be about $1730 after transfers and delivery.

The current owner says its still tight but ill take that with a pinch of salt. He's not near me so apart from photos i can't actually view the gun, but ive fired the mk10 before and it's a good fit, will be perfect with the comb.

Does this sound like a good deal? Is 5000 shells (trap shells meaning 32 to 36 gram loads i assume) a lot?
Old September 27, 2012, 12:22 PM   #2
BigJimP

Price probably seems ok ...but it all comes down to condition / you didn't attach a photo ...so I can't evaluate that / and its hard to do unless you have the gun in your hands.

5,000 shells....in the life of any decent gun is only 200 boxes...thru the gun / most of us that shoot Trap or any clays at all ...put a minimum of 4 boxes a week thru our primary gun in practice ...and then whatever tournaments we shoot on weekends...and 10 boxes a week thru our primary guns are not uncommon. Weather has been good up here in the Northwest this summer...and this week, I put 12 boxes thru my primary 12ga gun in practice - and a few more in my 28ga.

So 200 boxes would barely be casual use for most of us ...and 3 or 4 months use by many of us....

I have a lot of Browning O/U's made by Miroku in Japan / that have 250,000 - 500,000 shells thru them ....with no issues.

I know Miroku made some guns under their own label ...and for a few other companies ..to other specs....and I don't know that they have the reputation of the guns made for Browning...but I think in general they're considered decent guns / but I don't see many of them around either - not sure why.
Old September 29, 2012, 05:25 AM   #3
davery25

Thanks bigjim, for some reason they're not common there but are numerous in example here in Australia, they're actually more expensive then starter model browning like the gp sporter. Fit and finish are immaculate.

I bought the gun, figuring it could always sell it and not lose anything but time.

I'll attach photos as soon as I'm home again, not that it matters now I suppose

Thanks for the response, it was really only the 5000 rounds thing that bothered me but I'm okay with it now thanks to you.

It's had a good deal of work done to it as well- adjustable comb, recoil pad, forcing cones and sights as well
Old September 29, 2012, 01:31 PM   #4
BigJimP

good luck with it.