The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 4, 2005, 04:10 PM   #1
Jaquan

Fist Holster Quality

Let me start by giving all who read a hello.

Just a quick one from me, does anyone here own a Fist holster? If so, how do you like it, what's the quality like, and was it worth the price and wait? Thanks in advance.

Jaquan
Old April 4, 2005, 04:17 PM   #2
Erich

I've got one that I bought used from someone on one of these forums, a cross-draw OWB for a S&W J-frame. It holds the gun quite securely without a snap (I've used it with a number of J-frames, and even a Colt D-frame) - I would feel comfortable doing a headstand while wearing the gun in this rig. This holster is set up so that one can wear it in a traditional cross-draw style or canted horizontally for in-the-car use: the draw angles are excellent. The two draw angles are supposed to be fairly easy to switch between, but I find that the unidirectional "dot" snap that holds the holster mount in either position is difficult to re-set without removing the holster from the belt. The leather is dyed a hideous purply-red.

I think I paid about $25 for this holster used, and it's been one of the nicer holsters I've owned. Great for hikes, car trips or wearing around the house. I don't know what this model would cost new, or even if it continues to be available.

Welcome to TFL!
Old April 4, 2005, 10:48 PM   #3
Jaquan

Erich,

Thanks for the reply. It appears as if Fist is a good quality manufacture; however, that just from what I can see on the web site. IMO, it's always best to get first hand info from an actual owner or someone who has used the product extensively.

I just ordered a Fist #11 for my new Walther P99c AS. I'm sure I'll be extremely happy once it gets here; don't worry I ordered the black, Again, thanks for your input.
Old April 5, 2005, 05:02 AM   #4
STEVE M

I think you will be happy with your new holster. I own several FIST holsters and all are exellent, never a problem.
Old April 5, 2005, 05:54 AM   #5
Billy Sparks

The only FIST holster I have ever dealt with was one for my wife. The workmanship of the holster was top notch the design was another story. In an attempt to make a female holster they had "wings" that held the holster away from the body/hips. The only problem is that when you get the belt (ordered with the gun) tight enough to hold the gun securely the wings collapsed. My poor wife spent an entire weekend school trying to draw from the thing.
Old April 5, 2005, 06:51 PM   #6
Swamp Yankee

I have 2 or 3 or 6 or 8 or something.

All have been a pleasure to own. A good purchase for money. I especially like the way they will modify and fit the holster to your exact requests within reason. The first holster they made for my Dan Wesson Model 715 didn't fit that well, and I didn't care for the cant. Sent it back they remade and I still have it. Nice people.
Take Care