The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 19, 2017, 11:29 AM   #2076
samuell

New Here

Hey guys, i'm new here.

Just saying Hi!

How do i get activated to be able to post in all areas?
Old June 22, 2017, 11:10 AM   #2077
hdwhit

Howdy!

A yahoo search led me to this site and it seemed to have some pretty knowledgeable people on it, so I signed up.

My main interest is in reloading.

I got started reloading when my father gave me a Universal M1 Carbine as a teenager. Since the M1 Carbine cartridge was classified as a pistol round, I couldn't buy ammunition for it. But, strangely enough, I didn't have to be 21 to buy the reloading components to make ammunition.

As of July, I will have been reloading for 40 years. I don't assemble a lot of ammunition so I still use the RCBS Reloader Special press that I started with and go slowly.

Thank you. It is nice to be here.
Old July 5, 2017, 06:15 PM   #2078
Eod1

New member here. Just getting the lay of the land. Testing the waters to see if I want to stay.
Old July 21, 2017, 12:43 PM   #2079
DiggerBill

Hello from Michigan

Longtime shooter and reloader. Action pistol competitor in past, but now I only compete against myself. Always looking to lean more about this great sport.
Old July 23, 2017, 08:17 AM   #2080
SirWendall

New here! Just found this forum
Old July 24, 2017, 11:28 AM   #2081
Prndll

Hi, I've been reading TFL for a little while now and have decided to create a login. As a gun owner, I feel it is my responsibility to understand something about what I own and TFL has helped me to learn. I thank all of you for that.
Old July 26, 2017, 10:35 AM   #2082
TonyD3

Howdy All!

Just joined last week. I am mainly a handgunner, but recently got addicted to ARs.

I am a retired AF Pilot, currently working as a contractor at Scott AFB.

Great forum!

Tony D
Old July 26, 2017, 10:36 AM   #2083
Orphanboy

Retired Navy

Morning,

Retired Navy and shooter from before I can remember.

Currently came into possession of a 1960 NMA replica 1860 .44 blackpowder pistol. You know the one, Centaure on the frame, Naval sailing ship scene on the cylinder.

Serial # 2937.

Have no idea what the market will pay for this thing. Very Good Condition, with original box and bullet mold.

Been to NMA.ORG and sent an e mail with pictures months ago with no reply. Looks like their website is OOC.

Well, not sure where to ask this question so I put it here!

Thank you and glad to be a member!
Old July 27, 2017, 05:58 PM   #2084
zrx4me

Hello all,found this forum last night when i could not re-assemble my new glock 20.Thanks to members it was a simple fix.55 years old and been around firearms since a kid(dad was ww2 combat vet).did some time when I was young as a LEO and picked up a lot of good habits there thanks to a few outstanding range officer/instructors.My numerous guns are all for defense/tatical use.
Old August 2, 2017, 03:05 PM   #2085
OldScout

New Member here, but not new to guns. I got my first gun when I was 12, a used 410. Have had and shot many guns of all kinds over the years. Especially when I was in the Army. But my favorite gun is the revolver.
Old August 31, 2017, 11:53 AM   #2086
jcolon95

Hello everyone, i am kind of new to rifles and shotguns . Althoungh i have done a lot of reading. I learned how to shoot in the united states marine corp in 1980. I have been working in law enforcement for the last 14 years. I started getting into shooting as a hobby. I have a few weapons already. I am trying to get into long distance shooting. The furthest i have shot was 500 yards with iron sights in the marines. I have learned that there is a lot of information in these forums. Hoping to learn from other experienced shooters.
Old September 2, 2017, 05:39 PM   #2087
Ruga Booga

Hello TFL, its good to be here. This has been my go to place for gun info since 2014 but never registered until now. I am fascinated by firearms and have been ever since I was about 5 yrs old shooting pop cans with my brand new daisy 88th anniversary pellet/bb gun. Ruger 10/22 after that, of course, and so on. I'm obsessed with guns, I know this because my Wife says so.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk
Old September 5, 2017, 12:15 PM   #2088
Earthling2112

Hey there. I'm Eric. 47 years old and just recently bought my first firearms. Matter of fact I'm about to head to the range right now.
Old September 5, 2017, 12:45 PM   #2089
twowingsonegun

Newbie to Forum

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to drop in here and share some information. Father of Three wonderful adult children and have worked in social services for 27 years. I've lived in several good hunting states over the years. I am a kayak fishing fanatic, dove and turkey hunting. Bowhunted/muzzleloaded for 16 years and harvested lots of meat. I also enjoy riding motorcycles and visiting with my grandbaby. Look forward to some good discussions on fish and game related!!
Old September 10, 2017, 10:04 AM   #2090
Green Lantern

New here

Found the site on search for info.

I'm Roger from central Illinois.

Just picked up my FOID card at the first of the year and learning the hobby.

I own 4 guns right now. A SAR 9MM semi-auto handgun, a Beretta ARX 160 22lr , a Mossberg 500 .410, and a Hi-point 995TS 9mm.
Old September 11, 2017, 08:29 PM   #2091
Earthling2112

I've just started with this hobby. So far I've bought 2 357 revolvers a Ruger GP 100 and a Taurus 605 snub. Next up is a 9mm which I will get next week. They're going to get to know me at my local range for sure.
Old September 13, 2017, 07:30 PM   #2092
Stars n Stripes

Hello TFL

I'm a recreational shooter from Iowa... near retirement (aka old guy) and look forward to sharing insights and learning from one another.

I reload, shoot about 3x per week and enjoy firearms of all makes, models and configurations

Thx for letting me join in
Old September 15, 2017, 11:56 AM   #2093
Muddydogz

Hello TFL!!!

I am blown away by the wealth of knowledge in this forum. Very excited to absorb knowledge from the good ol' boys & gals. I am from the northwest mountains of Maine and have been shooting since I can remember. I have in the past few years gotten into the long range game and absolutely love it. Although I don't have the latest and greatest I feel I can still do pretty well. Also take advantage of what this area has to provide as far as hunting and fishing. Stay safe and shoot straight!!!!

Daniel
Old October 2, 2017, 05:19 AM   #2094
TheBeav

Andrew from St. Louis! Hi everyone!

Hi everybody. I collect old smith and wesson revolvers. Because they are beautiful. I just got into the AR scene.
Old October 3, 2017, 01:42 PM   #2095
Frank Brandenburg

Hi my name is Frank glad to meet you .
Old October 3, 2017, 01:46 PM   #2096
Frank Brandenburg

I have a Glock 17 generation 3 I would like to find information on getting a similar-sized rifle to fit the same magazines. I also would like to consider whatever changes I need to optimize the kind of ammunition I shoot perhaps I could reload my own style Maybe?
Old October 11, 2017, 09:28 PM   #2097
RAEIndustries

Hi there

Glad to be here, and contributing
Old October 18, 2017, 02:49 PM   #2098
noobwitha22

Hello I'm the newest of the new. I put in for my firearms permit last week and have about a month or so before the pass/no pass to come in. I have been interested in shooting for most of my life, just never had anyone to show me and teach me. I also finally decided it was time to apply and just get it done. I may not be able to purchase a gun for a bit but when I am ready I won't have to wait to on a permit. So I am here now to learn what I can from the pros.
Old December 6, 2017, 05:21 PM   #2099
Gungirlohio

Hi everyone

Good evening. Hope all are well. Here to expand upon my skills.
Old December 6, 2017, 06:47 PM   #2100
DaleA

Welcome.
I've found this to be a VERY knowledgeable place for all things firearm related and the moderators do a great job at keeping everything on a civil basis while allowing us to have quite a bit of fun too.

A little more of your background might be in order. Do you have a preference for rifle, pistol, shotgun shooting? Do you hunt? Do you compete? What guns do you own now? What guns would you like to own? What do you want to do with them?

Feel free to answer any, all, or none.

This is a great place to lurk without joining but as you might have already found out joining has its perks, like getting more options on the search feature.

Good luck.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent