The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 20, 2019, 07:03 PM   #26
Nanuk

Quote:
Freedom Arms.
Maybe not blown up, but certainly damaged. They have also been successfully sued after design issues caused serious injury.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old June 21, 2019, 01:15 PM   #27
Onward Allusion

It was just Fiocchi JHP's. Not even the exotic stuff, just the 124 gr JHP stuff that costs around $15 a box of 50.

I didn't know the lug was busted until I got it home 'cause the slide had a hard time coming off at the range.
Old June 22, 2019, 01:36 AM   #28
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
Show me a brand of handgun that has never suffered from a catastrophic failure.
Lol, of course nothing ever happens to a Glock. Never a failure of any kind. Yet someone posted a pic of this Glock with a broken lug. But of course Glock will get a free ride.

https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/g...43236914322477
Old June 22, 2019, 10:57 AM   #29
blchandl2

Well, that didn't take long.
Old June 22, 2019, 02:12 PM   #30
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Well, that didn't take long.
It's been said that Glocks provide a firearm-related corollary to Godwin's Law.

The Gaston Corollary to Godwin's Law (with a nod to berettaprofessor on THR) may be stated as follows:

"As an online firearm discussion grows longer, the probability of someone gratuitously introducing Glocks into the discussion approaches 1"
Old June 24, 2019, 04:34 PM   #31
Nanuk

Quote:
Lol, of course nothing ever happens to a Glock. Never a failure of any kind. Yet someone posted a pic of this Glock with a broken lug. But of course Glock will get a free ride.
Who said that? Lots more than Glocks have broken. Every major firearms manufacturer at one time has had parts breakages and/or catastrophic failures.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old June 25, 2019, 09:06 AM   #32
briandg

Quote:
It's been said that Glocks provide a firearm-related corollary to Godwin's Law.

The Gaston Corollary to Godwin's Law (with a nod to berettaprofessor on THR) may be stated as follows:

"As an online firearm discussion grows longer, the probability of someone gratuitously introducing Glocks into the discussion approaches 1"
Now I wonder if there will ever be a proper place to use the phrase 'glock nazi'.
Old July 6, 2019, 12:23 AM   #33
HisSoldier

Machined from barstock, and like everything else even barstock can come with defects.
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.
Old July 23, 2019, 05:58 PM   #34
JDBerg

Quote:

https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/g...43236914322477
That linked article is dated April 2009, exactly 4 months before I bought my very first polymer wondergun Glock Gen3 17. Now you tell me after all these years I may have to deal with the possibility of a broken barrel lug on not one but four of my wonderful up until now Glocks? I feel duped & betrayed, no longer can I count on the stellar reliability of my Glock firearms with the possibility of this patent defect hanging over my head! My Glocks will now be relegated to the back of my gun safe, never to see the light of day again. Thank you internet for turning my once safe & secure life into living HECK!

Tags
kel tec , pf-9 , pf9