The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 7, 2017, 04:58 PM   #26
armoredman

High Noon Holsters Rock Steady - have two, love them.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/gun-...ts/rock-steady
Old April 16, 2017, 11:43 PM   #27
CalmerThanYou

The Boxer Tactical Apogee belt is a functional work of art.
Highly recommend if you do not insist on leather. Expensive and worth every cent.
Old April 17, 2017, 12:14 AM   #28
JoeSixpack

Uncle Mikes reinforced instructors belt.

It's kinda a rip off of the wilderness instructor belt.
I would not recommend going rock climbing with it for example.

I've been wearing it for about (tries to remember) 4 years?
It's very good quality for the money they run about 30 bucks.. I got mine from optics planet.

It's held up better than any leather belt I've owned.. of course it does not look like a dress belt.. it's at home on jeans but probably odd on khaki's.

It has a plastic insert to stiffen the belt. If you goto order I recommend you order based on your pant size, seemed to work best for me.

I can't imagine a better belt out there for the money.
When this one finally wears out I'll buy another, I really can't express how pleased I've been with it.
Old April 17, 2017, 10:30 AM   #29
KenL

Another vote for the Aker B21. Bought mine on Amazon about a year ago, shows no appreciable wear. It's just broken in! I carry IWB daily.
Old April 18, 2017, 09:44 AM   #30
Louca

Quote:
The Beltman. They are expensive, but they will last much longer than cheaper leather belts.
Ditto. Wonderful belts and I am wondering if I will ever need another one. Maybe not!
Old April 18, 2017, 03:30 PM   #31
lefteye

Filson belts are great. A 1 1/2" double belt is a very stout carry belt (but not cheap.)
Old April 19, 2017, 12:40 PM   #32
Lohman446

I ordered a beltman belt late last year (maybe it was early this year) and then ordered another one a week or so ago.

Both I ordered as reinforced. The first one was the quick ship bull leather. The second one is custom horsehide.

Very responsive to e-mails and very helpful. Cannot recommend enough.
Old April 19, 2017, 09:18 PM   #33
MosinNOUGAT

To be honest, any thick leather belt works. Just make sure you can't squeeze together the two sides of the width together (it should be stiff so it doesn't bend or pull up while drawing). I hope this helps.

Last edited by MosinNOUGAT; April 19, 2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old April 20, 2017, 12:47 PM   #34
Siggy-06

Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belt. You can choose the thickness/flex by the stitching or add a polymer insert, the 5 stitch is plenty strong. If you're carrying 45oz or more, or have a larger waist(size 45+) get the CSM insert. Best nylon belt imo.
Old May 14, 2017, 09:02 PM   #35
Yung.gunr

I've got two of the Amish belts from Hanks, one black and one brown standard 1.5 width. Had them for a couple years now with no signs of anything breaking down. Use them to hold my pants up and just a pistol. I was a lot bigger when I bought them (size 46 pants) and have drilled quite a few holes in them because I don't want to buy new ones. Looks like the prices have gone up since I bought them.

One thing I would recommend on any belt is to switch the side you start the belt on each time you wear it. Or just watch for it to start curving and then switch the side you start it on. I.e. most guys start their belt on the left side only. I switch mine so I start on the right about 50% of the time so I don't get that annoying curvature in my belts.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:48 PM   #36
IMightBeWrong

I went a little crazy on the belt. I got a Craft + Lore Mountain Belt. 1/4" thickness just like Beltman and Bullhide belts. The maker carries as well using the same belt. It's a natural full grain leather that will take a natural patina and it's a really beautiful belt. Got one of his Port Wallets to match. Carries just as well as my Bullhide, the craftsmanship is just through the roof though. Not a necessity, but a nice luxury that doesn't lose anything in the functionality department.
Old June 2, 2017, 02:30 PM   #37
Hawg

Bullhide
Old June 2, 2017, 08:37 PM   #38
Tinbucket

I've bought and still have a couple of fancy tooled with conchos, and stitching, lined belts from PFI. The lining between layers is cardboard.
One gave out quickly , the other I got a boot maker to make a new part of the belt that actually fastens it.
So they are in my closet. I think I have found someone to take the conchos and crosses etc off and re do my Cowboy rig.
I bought another 2inch, I think, heavy lined and stitched carry belt locally.
It already sags from my big gut.
I saw in one of the gun mags an ad for a big thick carry belt with a steel inner liner.
It might not sag but wonder how long it will take to rust up real good in the summer sweat around here.
Maybe if I move to Az it will last a few years. It's a dry heat you know.