The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 2, 2023, 10:19 AM   #1
cptjack

Midway

Did like midway. ,since he took on fishing ,has changed LARRY SAYS fast ship. BS 11 days for product. ,track shipment and says awaiting P U that is not already shipped
Old December 2, 2023, 12:40 PM   #2
rc

They are not the reloader company they were in the 90s when they were the ones to go to for rock bottom prices on components and reloading gear. Now they are just another big retailer like Amazon.
Old December 2, 2023, 07:54 PM   #3
FITASC

This is the busiest season for shippers during the entire year. If it is awaiting pick up by UPS/FEDEX/USPS, is that really his fault?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old December 5, 2023, 05:13 AM   #4
Nathan

Well, maybe. I’m sure UPS and USPS come daily. Based on my experiences, I think they have their basic shipping directed to “mail innovations” which seems to be like if your truck is not full, pick this stuff up to fill it for a couple bucks. This time of year those boxes get passed over for quite a while. No, I’m not sure how works, but it seems to take UPS forever to get it to my local post office to be delivered.
Old December 5, 2023, 09:26 AM   #5
MrChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITASC View Post
This is the busiest season for shippers during the entire year. If it is awaiting pick up by UPS/FEDEX/USPS, is that really his fault?

Yes, it is their fault. I don’t like it when shippers print the label days before they ship it. When the label is printed, it then says “waiting for pick up”. FedEx and UPS come there every day. It shouldn’t say waiting for pick up for more than one day.
Old December 6, 2023, 11:25 AM   #6
FITASC

Then maybe you should go learn how it was done back in the old days when you mailed in an order form with a check and waited weeks for anything to show up with no tracking. If you have that much of an add issue about waiting, perhaps shopping local would suit you better.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old December 6, 2023, 03:22 PM   #7
stagpanther

Dec and early January orders--forget it. Count your blessings if the shippers even know where the package is--let alone when it will be delivered. Reduced manpower worked overtime. Then there are weather hang-ups. Then there are the logistics companies that somehow figure it's quicker to ship in the opposite direction of towards where you live.
Old December 6, 2023, 05:07 PM   #8
gwpercle

Don't like mail order and shipping ...
Drive to your local Sporting Goods store , by it and take it home with you .
No shipping to deal with .. Just traffic , idiot drivers , gas for your car , traffic jams , a place to park .... idiot drivers and idiot pedestrians ...

Dang it , now that I think about it ... Mail Oreder and shipping to my door is sounding realy good ... I'm not in that big of a hurry !

A Mail Order from Herter's , involving a personal check, back in the day ... took about two weeks to get to your door ...
Sit back , relax and be patient !
Remember Patience is a Virtue !!!
Gary
Old December 6, 2023, 05:55 PM   #9
ballardw

Don't forget the places that waited for your mailed check to clear before processing an order. Which typically meant them submitting your check to their bank then the bank submitting it elsewhere, not always your bank, for processing then ...

Plus no "Overnight" or "3-day" delivery options.
Old December 7, 2023, 11:20 AM   #10
stagpanther

"already shipped" is vendor talk for your order has been printed out and sent to the shipping department to pack and ship. It's another form of alt-reality; it is technically not on the road or in the air loaded onto the logistic's operator's vehicles--but once an order is printed and is moving through pulling from inventory and being packed--it's consider "shipped."

Plain as mud, hope that helps.
Old December 9, 2023, 01:02 AM   #11
veprdude

11 days seems excessive. How many days of the 11 was the package in transit? I've shipped stuff the day after it was ordered and had packages sit around at some hub for days before moving on.
Old December 9, 2023, 06:59 AM   #12
cptjack

not midway but usps
Old December 9, 2023, 12:15 PM   #13
stagpanther

Ever since covid hit I stopped wasting money on any kind of expedited delivery--it simply isn't going to happen where I live, no matter who you use. The only exception to that I've ever experienced is when ordering hardware direct from Apple; I've theorized they've got their own black-ops delievry service that manages to somehow break the laws of physics and delivers to you the day after ordering.
Old December 9, 2023, 02:19 PM   #14
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjack
not midway but usps
OK, a little bit more clarification is in order, here. Your opening post claims it was sitting at Midway. Now, you're saying USPS after veprdude asked how many of the 11 days were in transit.

Which is it?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old December 18, 2023, 11:23 AM   #15
Adventurer 2

I used to order from Midway all of the time and i would use the cheapest shipping method. I don't do that anymore -- three incidents with the cheapest ship method and they all involved the USPS. Midway uses UPS to ship to local distro, then turns packages over to USPS. On three occasions i had to submit a lost order with the USPS. In all three it took over a month for the original shipment to show up and they were all after Midway resent the order -- so more headache returning the shipments or getting charged again for them. Now i order less frequently but use the shipping option whereby the USPS is not used. Costs more but is much less aggravating than tracking down my order.
Old December 18, 2023, 09:42 PM   #16
armoredman

I ordered a small shipment last Wed. Estimated shipping was December 20th. Package arrived in perfect condition today, two days early, courtesy of the excellent people at UPS. I have spent thousands with MidwayUSA and don't really have any bad stories to tell, but lots of good ones. I will have to add that I always order one cheap box of ammo so it comes UPS, not USPS.