The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 4, 2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Murdoch

Brass?

I do not currently reload, and am trying to decide between stockpiling my good brass in case I do, or selling it for a little change.

I have not had much luck finding people who will by smaller lots of brass. Anyone sell their brass?
Old March 4, 2008, 02:47 PM   #2
new rounder

what cal. is it....
Old March 4, 2008, 04:14 PM   #3
mrawesome22

Hang on to it. I sure am glad I did. Of course, I wanted to reload for a long time but had no one to teach me how until I discovered a gem of a website called www.thefiringline.com

Thanks again everyone who held my hand along the way.
Old March 4, 2008, 04:52 PM   #4
ShootingNut

Agree, hang on to all of it. If you don't get into reloading, you can sell once fired brass, but I'd say you have to have at least 1000 count lots.
SN
Old March 4, 2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Dilbert

Hang on to it, and don't let anyone "clean out" your car. I don't know how many pieces I lost because they were in my car and the wife decided to "dejunk" the vehicles.
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old March 4, 2008, 08:53 PM   #6
Sigma 40 Blaster

Dilbert...me too. I lost two quart size bags full of range pickups (mostly 45 ACP to make it worse) because my wife got tired of the rattling when she drove my car one night...after I had to buy some brass to replace that lot she learned her lesson lol.

To the OP...KEEP IT. If you don't reload you'll meet someone who does who'll bargain with you for it.