The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 20, 2005, 08:07 PM   #1
Archer6

Need info: Remington Magnum 870LW,20ga,

I bought this used Remington Magnum, Wingmaster 870LW, 20 gauge, pump, shotgun, serial number ending in "U", it has full choke, ribbed barrel and I need some price info and possible picture of it...there are screws on left side sticking out, so seems like something is missing. 'Would appreciate any input on where to get such info on this gun. Thanks.
Old December 21, 2005, 04:43 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Welcome aboard. What you have is one of the finest shotguns ever made. There's shouldn't be any screws there. Possibly, someone had a scope mount or side saddle ammo carrier installed.

If you call Remington at 1-800-243-9700, they'll tell you when it was made. That's not very important, all WMs are fine shotguns.

A mint WM around here will fetch over $300 and maybe $400.

Now, go shoot it....
Old December 21, 2005, 10:02 PM   #3
calvin62

pictures

here is a picture of our 20ga 870's the bottom one is the wingmaster. as you can see there are no screws just the 2 trigger retaining pins are in view.

you can leave the screws in if you want or order replacement pins from brownell or remington they are cheap easy to replace and alot better looking then screws

not sure on value but I paid $400 for the wingmaster used in brand new shape and have always been happy with it.

The only problem is it's so damm pretty I'm afraid to take it through the brush some days.gun.JPG