The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 29, 2021, 01:32 PM   #51
wild cat mccane

Agreed. The Walther is overpriced at $650. However, unlike the CZ SP-01, at least it has a great trigger...
Old June 30, 2021, 06:30 AM   #52
jr24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy-06 View Post
Please take a look at the PCR and P-01 for carry, as well as the Rami.
Indeed PCR, P01 or P07 would be my suggestions for a CCW CZ.

Sp01 is doable, but it would be quite the chore, especially when it's hot out.
Old June 30, 2021, 06:34 AM   #53
jr24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
1000 rd is a pretty small round count in all honestly. The notion that an alloy framed pistol wouldn't be able to do that borders on laughable. They have gone tens of thousands of rounds.
Indeed, 1000 rounds used to be, pre COVID, a break in first week, usually in two range trips, for a new gun.

Aluminum is gonna hold up fine for many times that number of 9mm.
Old June 30, 2021, 08:13 AM   #54
cslinger

I don’t want to get into the debate to convince the OP to go lighter as we all want what we want. I am the same way.

That said the P01 was tested to something like 30,000 rounds with a good hunk of them being +P. That doesn’t mean shot to destruction but that is what the requested service life was. Point is 1000 rounds of even HOT +P is nothing.

Now steel or polymer (which most likely has steel rails) will almost always be more durable then alloys. (Assuming quality product to quality product). That doesn’t make a high end alloy pistol “fragile” however.
Old July 8, 2021, 04:53 PM   #55
wild cat mccane

CZ AO1 is the newest addition to this line up of part bin guns.

Saw it for the first time today.
Old July 8, 2021, 09:17 PM   #56
sevt_chevelle

Considering CZ custom out of AZ is hand building the A01 from nothing but raw hunks of steel, yep that's totally a parts bin gun.
Old July 10, 2021, 11:45 PM   #57
Kurbsky

I agree with one of the previous posts on inflation. It is definitely here. Food is more expensive, gas, grass cutting services, cars and.... guns. It lloks like CZ did raise MSRP on their products because of the higher costs and fundamentally because our $s are worth less. The feverish money printing activity did not go unnoticed. Buying more firearms than you really need by some people would not solve the biggest question - how to save your wealth. Stocks, bonds, real estate, precous metals, commodities, cryptocurrency? Definitely not cash. I think looking at human history in inflationary periods should give some good answers.
Old July 11, 2021, 10:57 AM   #58
wild cat mccane

Inflation certainly is not and has not been around for most of our lifetimes. But it has to happen for one political party to have any reason to exist. Apparently.

Lumber has already crashed, don't know if you've noticed this.

Guns are a horrible thing to measure inflation during a panic period.
Old July 11, 2021, 11:44 AM   #59
Aguila Blanca
Staff

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...ation-rate-cpi
Jeepaholic
Old July 11, 2021, 11:46 AM   #60
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane
Inflation certainly is not and has not been around for most of our lifetimes.
Speak for yourself:

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...ation-rate-cpi
Jeepaholic
Old July 14, 2021, 10:20 AM   #61
wild cat mccane

1/3 of all inflation in the US is from used car prices....and it already peaked. Sorry, if you don't know this, you don't understand current inflation. More proof, gold is almost exactly average.

Kroger was caught charging more than supply chain demanded...one of the biggest grocers in the US. Same thing is happening to the gun market. Look it up.

Ammo continues to be a US only expensive product. It's why Norma/Belom/PPU/Ruag/S&B/Australian Outback/ADI, IMI blah blah blah have all been available. That they are at a higher price is because ammo sellers suck right now. Have you even heard of Belom before US ammo sells went nuts? nope. PPU brought it to the US cause it sells like a premium product here, while being junk. How much Russian Wolf crap do you see? tonsss

When you get ammo at the US's largest retail (Bass Pro/Cabela's), it is always cheap. They don't suck.

It's what the K recovery democrats talk about all the time. Those who recovered are making more. Those who didn't are doing worse. If prices are a worry to you, you're part of the lower K and your employer hasn't valued you while the economy has been booming. 1/3 of employers aren't that great to employees and will never look beyond wages. I'm sure some of us all received more wages plus greater personal/work life advantages at work in the last year?

If your employer is forced to pay you more, a 1% spurious charge by Kroger which they call inflation (but isn't) is meaningless.

Thankfully, family payments are coming to American's this week at 600 per child per month for low income earners. Not a single Republican voted for this bill. Not one.

Last edited by wild cat mccane; July 14, 2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old July 14, 2021, 10:23 AM   #62
wild cat mccane

Notice, Federal HST and Gold Got 9mm are going for normal prices. Zero inflation. 100% American product.

Since we are talking CZ...look at your website. CZ's country of origin inflation? None. Constant line of average. By the way, that website is junk if it doesn't tell you what products are the cause, as I demonstrated, the cause of most of the US's inflation is used car prices. If you haven't bought a used car, you personally have experienced pretty much no inflation in the US.

Last edited by wild cat mccane; July 14, 2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old July 14, 2021, 11:11 AM   #63
jetinteriorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
1/3 of all inflation in the US is from used car prices....and it already peaked. Sorry, if you don't know this, you don't understand current inflation. More proof, gold is almost exactly average.

Kroger was caught charging more than supply chain demanded...one of the biggest grocers in the US. Same thing is happening to the gun market. Look it up.

Ammo continues to be a US only expensive product. It's why Norma/Belom/PPU/Ruag/S&B/Australian Outback/ADI, IMI blah blah blah have all been available. That they are at a higher price is because ammo sellers suck right now. Have you even heard of Belom before US ammo sells went nuts? nope. PPU brought it to the US cause it sells like a premium product here, while being junk. How much Russian Wolf crap do you see? tonsss

When you get ammo at the US's largest retail (Bass Pro/Cabela's), it is always cheap. They don't suck.

It's what the K recovery democrats talk about all the time. Those who recovered are making more. Those who didn't are doing worse. If prices are a worry to you, you're part of the lower K and your employer hasn't valued you while the economy has been booming. 1/3 of employers aren't that great to employees and will never look beyond wages. I'm sure some of us all received more wages plus greater personal/work life advantages at work in the last year?

If your employer is forced to pay you more, a 1% spurious charge by Kroger which they call inflation (but isn't) is meaningless.

Thankfully, family payments are coming to American's this week at 600 per child per month for low income earners. Not a single Republican voted for this bill. Not one.
Hey, I’ve got a heck of a deal on a bridge in Manhattan for you.