The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 4, 2002, 12:35 PM   #1
jimsbowies

Blackwater Lodge?

Anyone had experience with the Blackwater Training Center in the swamps of northeastern North CArolina? I know they do lot's of training for some of the "boys" from the Bragg School for Boys and some other federal agencies. They have defensive training programs for civvies as well.
Old February 4, 2002, 08:01 PM   #2
VaughnT

While I can't say I've been there myself, my friend's exhusband dropped by to take a sniper course. He's the firechief in Colu SC so I wonder why he needs to know long-range countermeasures!

Anyhow, he reported it as a most excellent experience and can't wait to go back for another course.

All of the magazine coverage I've seen seems to agree with his experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go if I could afford it.
Old February 5, 2002, 01:39 AM   #3
ursus

Sir,
I spent 6 days there and can tell you from experience that it is well worth the money spent. The instructor ratio for my class was nearly 1:1 for the better part of the week. Every instructor has the real life experience and knowledge and training. Some of them are still on the job and bring up to date info and insight to the classes.
The accomodations were clean and well kept,....you train the whole day and part of the evening. You are there to train and learn. It is not 9-5 and at the end you automatically get a certificate for showing up.Food was good, they provide breakfast and lunch, you are on your own for dinner and anything extra. The whole facility was first class, when I was there they were adding a small airstrip to allow small plane access! I am looking forward to going again.