The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 19, 2014, 07:39 PM   #1
BerdanSS

Getting a little more "broke in" with my .44 Rossi 92.

Brother in law asked if I wanted to kill an hour or so yesterday, by making a little smoke over at his grandfolks place.....um? HECK YES

Took my 24" octagon barrel rossi 92 in 44 Mag and a box of PMC bronze LNHP 44 specials. The more I shoot this thing the more I love it and the slicker it gets!

5 shots, 30 yards or so standing unsupported at a standard paper plate.

Same distance. But PMC bronze 44 mags. kneeling slow fire, CAREFULLY aimed shots

Notice the elevation POI change at the same distance, switching from PMC 44 specials to 44 magnum loads. Exact same bullet type/weight.

(The target dots are covering the holes from the little 380 he brought.)
Old February 20, 2014, 08:11 AM   #2
Mobuck

I found those PMC 44 SP plated loads to be very accurate in a handgun. Never shot any from a carbine. For that I use the 44mag TCSP. Those are a HOT load and good deer killer out of a 16" Win 94 Trapper.