The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 31, 2018, 08:37 PM   #51
1MoreFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edknn View Post
My Sig P290RS fits great in the pocket. I love my snub revolvers, but the Sig is both shorter and thinner. It disappears in my pocket.
I'll second the recommendation of the Sig P290RS although I generally carry mine in a Vedder LightTuck.
Old April 4, 2018, 12:30 PM   #52
jstert

naa guardian 32acp or 22lr mini. steel. sturdy. great factory service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old April 4, 2018, 02:46 PM   #53
PlatinumCore16

SaxonPig and moosemike both have a Taurus 738, personally I went with the PT709. The thinness is what got me. Technically it is considered a "pocket pistol", but it seems a bit larger than some of the others suggested in here. For me, it's the width, or lack-thereof, that makes it for me. With the addition of a pinky grip for the bottom of the magazine, it makes it shoot very well in my slightly-larger-than-average hands. And, personally, I don't think it adds very much or at least none that I could really tell when carrying.
Old April 5, 2018, 11:31 AM   #54
KLCane

Has anyone fired or does anyone own a Taurus Spectrum?
Old April 5, 2018, 10:19 PM   #55
Fjblair

Pocket 9mm just take up too much space for me. I pocket carry .380's and even, *gulp*, a .32.
Old April 6, 2018, 08:48 PM   #56
KLCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
My niche as a shooter has been small guns. The Pico, the LCR9mm and now the nano which replaced my LC9S, are my three main contenders. I love the way they carry, the reliability and the fast shooting they offer.

This is a pic for illustration only. Not my LCP. I have owned 4 but moved on.
The Nano is behind it. Great shooter, totally reliable, great trigger for CCW,snag free for CCW and a 9mm.

How do you compare the Pico?
Old April 7, 2018, 06:55 PM   #57
BrokenBear

Gentlemen ...lots of folks get used to one brand of pants ...I am retired and in jeans 99% of the time and wear Lee, Wrangler and Levi jeans plus a couple no names

FYI the pockets in the Levis' are huge compared to all other brands hands down ... yes I can get my PF9 Keltec in any of them ....and yes I can functionally draw that PF9 out of any of them ....Yes I can get my S&W Shield in any jean brand front pocket {in holster of course} BUT ...only the Levi front pocket can I effectivly do a combat draw with my S&W Shield

Just saying
Bear