The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 24, 2022, 01:12 PM   #1
HistoryJunky

Holster for KelTec P32

I will be acquiring a KelTec P32 in a trade today. I have wanted one for quite some time as a minimalistic carry gun.

I did some googling and had some trouble finding many holsters available for it.

I would prefer a Kydex IWB holster if possible, but I am open to leather potentially as well if another option isn't available.
Old April 24, 2022, 05:20 PM   #2
ligonierbill

I have always used a DeSantis pocket holster for mine. Have yet to find a pocket it won't fit.
Old April 24, 2022, 07:29 PM   #3
BornFighting88

DARA holsters. Google them. They make minimalist Kydex. I had one for my Walther PPS M1 and was a huge fan. They now have the curved belt clip, and can cant it for desired draw angle.

We The People holsters. Check them out, too.
Old April 24, 2022, 08:15 PM   #4
HistoryJunky

Quote:
I have always used a DeSantis pocket holster for mine. Have yet to find a pocket it won't fit.
The gun came with a pocket clip installed, and I do have a pocket holster... I'm just not really big on pocket carry. The primary purpose for getting this gun is so I can have something that is not in the way while I jog... which usually means not having pockets either.

I am mostly trying to stay consistent in carry style with my other carry gun, a Glock 19 with I carry IWB.
Old April 24, 2022, 08:16 PM   #5
HistoryJunky

Quote:
DARA holsters. Google them. They make minimalist Kydex. I had one for my Walther PPS M1 and was a huge fan. They now have the curved belt clip, and can cant it for desired draw angle.

We The People holsters. Check them out, too.
I will definitely check out Dara. I have heard from various people that We The People holsters are trash but I will check them out too. Thanks for the recommendations.
Old April 25, 2022, 08:21 AM   #6
BornFighting88

Different people have different opinions on what is a good holster. Think about it in the vein of what works for you, bud. The DARA was great for summer time. Pistol and holster didn't print or add mass to belt or waist line.

In cooler weather, the WTP was a little bigger, not even by a noticeable margin. But under a jacket or loose shirt, no problem. Ever.

DARA was retention adjustable, so you could get a bit more clamp on it for active wear. I dabbed some blue loc-tite on mine after adjusting so the screws didn't move.

I noticed you want one for jogging. And I don't know if this will fit you, but I will suggest it anyways, as more options are always better than fewer. Alien Gear. My goodness they have, by far, the BEST customer service I have ever interacted with when it comes to anything gun accessory. They have all sorts of options. I am convincing my wife that I need one of their newer shoulder rigs for when we are in the car or walking. The hip holster not doing it for me.

Cloak Tuck is what I have now, and for a day where its chilly out, have pants and a good belt on, this is the deal maker. Spreads the weight of the pistol out over a distance, its comfy, and its a kydex shell screwed to a neoprene backer.
Old April 25, 2022, 09:25 AM   #7
HistoryJunky

Quote:
Different people have different opinions on what is a good holster. Think about it in the vein of what works for you, bud. The DARA was great for summer time. Pistol and holster didn't print or add mass to belt or waist line.

In cooler weather, the WTP was a little bigger, not even by a noticeable margin. But under a jacket or loose shirt, no problem. Ever.

DARA was retention adjustable, so you could get a bit more clamp on it for active wear. I dabbed some blue loc-tite on mine after adjusting so the screws didn't move.

I noticed you want one for jogging. And I don't know if this will fit you, but I will suggest it anyways, as more options are always better than fewer. Alien Gear. My goodness they have, by far, the BEST customer service I have ever interacted with when it comes to anything gun accessory. They have all sorts of options. I am convincing my wife that I need one of their newer shoulder rigs for when we are in the car or walking. The hip holster not doing it for me.

Cloak Tuck is what I have now, and for a day where its chilly out, have pants and a good belt on, this is the deal maker. Spreads the weight of the pistol out over a distance, its comfy, and its a kydex shell screwed to a neoprene backer.
Thanks for the info on AlienGear. I have owned a few of their holsters and they are comfortable. To my knowledge though, they are a little bulky for this purpose. Great for pants + belt carry though.
Old April 25, 2022, 02:17 PM   #8
BornFighting88

Texas-sized 10-4, Pardner!
Old April 25, 2022, 09:07 PM   #9
Bill DeShivs

It's not a pocket clip-it's a belt clip.
It works wonderfully for carrying the P32 IWB without a holster.
Old April 26, 2022, 10:23 PM   #10
Onward Allusion

Pocket carry in a DeSantis Superfly is probably one of the better options. The holster comes with a cover that makes it completely print-less in a back pocket. Take the cover off and stuff it into the front pants pocket. Super sticky so that it doesn't come out with the draw.

IWB for such a thin pistol is kind of a waste & also a slower draw, IMO.

Yeah, I got a couple of P32s
Old May 6, 2022, 05:50 PM   #11
gbclarkson

Check out CrossBreed holsters.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com
Old May 6, 2022, 05:56 PM   #12
gbclarkson

Check out CrossBreed holsters.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com
Old January 5, 2023, 09:19 PM   #13
kymasabe

I know this is an old post, but I just ran into it.
I carry my P32 in a Sticky brand holster, I think it's size 2 or something like that, works great, has been pocket carry for years !!
Old January 5, 2023, 10:05 PM   #14
Shadow9mm

I had a "we the people" paddle holster. Terrible. Paddle was flimsy. I bottomed out the retention, amd the gun would still fall out with a light shake. Contacted them. No help at all. Told me to tighten the retention, which i told them i already did. Asked for a picture of the gun falling out of the holster. Not something you can take a pic of. Made a youtube short, sent them the link. Told me they could not open the attachment. I told them it was a link to youtube. They again said they could not access the link for security reasons, a youtube link, and asked for a picture again. Stay away
Old January 7, 2023, 02:27 PM   #15
4V50 Gary
Staff

Make you own but with a tumbsnap retention. Sewing leather isn't that hard. Take a NRA Holster making class if you have to.
Old January 8, 2023, 02:09 PM   #16
Schlitz 45

I felt the P32’s to small for anything but pocket carry, so I took the clip off & have it in a holster from Pocket Concealment System. Not going to work great in jeans but will be perfect for warm weather in cargo shorts.

https://www.pcsholsters.com/collecti...27898619854871
Old January 13, 2023, 07:52 AM   #17
HistoryJunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4V50 Gary View Post
Make you own but with a tumbsnap retention. Sewing leather isn't that hard. Take a NRA Holster making class if you have to.
I didn't even know that was something they offered. Always something I have wanted to learn. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old January 15, 2023, 09:29 AM   #18
Big Wes

Check out https://mikaspocketholsters.com Excellent product for pocket carry.