The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 15, 2023, 06:21 PM   #2276
ballardw

Anything that old I would start with an appraisal as to original condition value. You never know when you get something valuable enough it should be kept as is.

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest if questions are about working on this shotgun for specific topics that "The Smithy" part of the forum might be the place to post.
Old February 22, 2023, 05:59 PM   #2277
micheleh

Lady with a Safe Mystery

Hello everyone; my name is Michele; recently, my husband and I began remodeling our house, and I found a floor safe in the downstairs bedroom closet. It was buried under the carpet. My husband grew up in this house without knowing of its existence. Both his parents are not with us anymore. The name of the safe is Liberty Safe Company, and the Company Logo is a cracked bell. I contacted Liberty safe company, who said the safe was not theirs. It looks like a well-made safe; because we have a sizable wall safe upstairs his father put in shortly after they bought the house (different brand), and the downstairs bedroom was once his father's office, I think his dad put it in sometime around 1978 -1981 Ish ( Had it put in) I do not want to drill this safe out if I can help it. We live in Southern California. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you for welcoming me to your forum, and thank you for any suggestions.
Old March 4, 2023, 12:02 AM   #2278
ThatsNice

Joined a while ago but thought I should drop buy and say hello officially. Nice to meet you all. Just got into the pew pew hobby about 2 years ago. Started hunting then too. Thanks in advance for all of the warm welcomes.
Old March 11, 2023, 11:04 AM   #2279
editingrv

just pistols, from GA

Just into 9 & 45ACP, have a few in those cal, reload for both on a LNL.
Old March 13, 2023, 01:43 PM   #2280
holjen77

Thanks for letting me in.
Old April 19, 2023, 09:28 AM   #2281
Rojack79

Hey folks, I joined very recently. Have been into guns of all kinds ever since I was a kid. I have only ever shot Handguns, and one lever action rifle. But I've been practicing with my Handguns every year for the last 15 years and I'm glad to say I'm getting better and better. So far my proudest achievement is hitting a headshot at 60 meters with both my Cimmerian Single Action Clone chambered in 45LC and my S&W Bodyguard chambered in .38 Special.

I've since given up both of those guns and turned in a few swords to my local pawn shop so I could grab a Canik TP9 SF Elite chambered in 9mm and a SCCY CPX-3 chambered in .380 ACP. So far I'm happy with these new purchases and I hope to take them out on the range and get some help and advice from all of the people here who love guns. I hope you all have a great and safe day.
Old April 23, 2023, 11:11 PM   #2282
CBDsutty

New & glad to be here.

I was wondering where I should make my 1st post and "wah-lah" I see "new members intro"! The Firing Line came up during a random brave browser search and I thought it seemed like a good No Nonsense 2A community to join.
I'm in my 30's from SW Oklahoma currently residing in OKC metro area. I'm a veteran of OEF Afghanistan "war" and a country boy at heart. Now a regular ol' civilian. My late Father and both late Grandfathers were avid gun owners and suffered from a few (non-lethal) tragic boating accidents. I shall have many questions for you all. Looking forward to the chats.
Thanks for having me. Cheers.

Edit: TMI

Last edited by CBDsutty; April 23, 2023 at 11:22 PM.
Old July 30, 2023, 10:18 PM   #2283
Nick3220

Hello

Hi all. I've read various threads on this site for a few years now. Finally decided to join. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all...well some of you.
I've got a thick skin and I'm smart enough to know that I don't know very much.
I enjoy firearms, hunting and talking about them.
Thanks for your time. God bless.
Old July 30, 2023, 11:22 PM   #2284
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Welcome, Nick.
Jeepaholic
Old October 29, 2023, 07:55 PM   #2285
Greybeard Classic

Formally saying hello as a group member! I've been following this group off and on for years. I hunted deer and woodchuck with my parents in my younger years, got out of it when my parents didn't go anymore in the '90s, hunted woodchuck off and on until a work accident took me out of commission for a few years. I've only hunted deer a few times since then due to the kindness of a friend from Church we went on his dad's property. This year I'm not going, but I have an excuse to hunt next year as I just layed-away a commercial mauser sporter of dubious orgin that had been rebarreled to 25-06 probably in the early '70s, and I'm anxious to try different loads in it. The rifle I have been using since a kid? My 1985 Winchester Model 70 carbine in .308...
Old January 8, 2024, 08:32 AM   #2286
Headedsouth

Hello from new member

Hello TFL,

New to the forum...part time collector and full time firearm rights advocate. Hope to be able to contribute to this community going forward.
Old January 11, 2024, 08:19 AM   #2287
JLC1073

Hello

I came to the forum to learn about reloading among other things too!!!
Old January 18, 2024, 06:33 AM   #2288
HHQ

Hello folks. Joined yesterday. Old guy, 66, in Alaska. Interests are most everything involving guns, traps, and knives.
Old February 29, 2024, 09:05 AM   #2289
liverty_balants

Hi All

I joined a little while ago. I'm 69 years old. Got back into shooting a couple years ago.

I grew up with guns, but moved to NYC for work when I was in my mid 20's.

Now I'm retired and living in Arizona where gun ownership is not such a pain in the butt.

I now have a CCW and average visiting the range almost once a week.
I really am enjoying the experience.
Old March 17, 2024, 10:49 AM   #2290
Shodan

Hello, it's been 21 years since my last post. With the likelihood of Facebook eventually eliminating any mention of guns, I've searched out the forums I used to frequent. After only a few days, I've forgotten how much I enjoyed participating. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.
Old March 18, 2024, 01:37 PM   #2291
Spats McGee
Staff

Welcome, one and all! Or welcome back, as the case may be!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent