The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 26, 2008, 06:40 PM   #1
senior
Member In Memoriam

sellers beware!

"wiedermand", Offers T O Buy, Settles On Price And Makes Arrangements To Come Pick Up The Firearm At A Certain Time, 48 Hours Later And 4 Emails, Still No Buyer Shows Up And Refuses To Answer Emails Or Sends Reason For Backing Out Of An Agreed On Deal! Only Real Harm Was Waiting For 2 Days On My Part.
Old June 26, 2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Bushwhacker

Doncha just hate it when that happens......:barf:

I drove for 1 1/2 hours about 95 miles to make a trade with a guy and he tells me "oh, I sold it this morning" he had my cell number and all!

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution, 1776
Old June 26, 2008, 09:31 PM   #3
senior
Member In Memoriam

promised myself next time i'll sit home or wherever and he can call cell #, no more will i sit out and "watch" for a man!!
Old June 27, 2008, 04:26 PM   #4
GWbiker

That's life when we live among flaky people!

Two weeks ago I spoke on the phone with a friend who wanted to sell a Ruger SP101 .357 for $300. I told him I was interested and would get back to him when I returned home from an extended day motorcycle trip.

Last week I phoned him to find out the price was now $350.

Yesterday I phoned him to find out he decided to not sell the Ruger.

Like I said, that's life when we live among flaky people!
Old June 29, 2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Stagger Lee

My sympathies.

Just had a guy at my gun club offering to sell 20,000 rounds of surplus 8mm ammo via a number of flyers that he'd posted around the club. (Yes--twenty thousand.) He said that he wanted it gone before he moves across the country in the fall and his only requirement was that people buy in lots of 500 rounds.

His price: 0.10 per round.

I called him and told him that I'd take some. We arranged for me to go to his house to see it and take some. He kept asking me over and over how much of it I wanted to buy, and I finally told him that if it was in good shape, I'd take it all.

He sounded somewhat surprised and said "That's $2,000."

I said that yes, and that if I liked the ammo, I'd give him a cash deposit for it then get the rest of the funds any way he wanted them.

We had a set time to meet at his house, but the morning of the meeting, he called me up and said that he decided not to sell it because a friend of his agreed to store it all for him.

It's obvious that after agreeing to the deal, he checked the current price for 8mm ammo and decided to back out, and the mysterious "friend" that's going to store it for him even though he's moving away forever was just a lie.

Flaky people indeed.