The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 11, 2007, 02:29 AM   #1
rainynight65

Blackhawk CQC: Difference between SERPA and Non-SERPA

Has anyone tried both versions of the Blackhawk holsters? How is the retention on either, and which one is faster to draw? I know that the SERPA ones have a button release, and the other ones use some sort of squeeze. Any details?
Old March 11, 2007, 07:49 AM   #2
Tbag

My SERPA for my Kimber CDP is just sweet, fast, safe and the Blackhawk give you two different options of carry. I would buy another in a heart beat. Now my Fobus has been set aside, actually not, just screwed it to the back of headboard for quick access at night.
Old March 13, 2007, 05:44 PM   #3
fairview mick

Serpa or???????

I have serpas for my Sig 226 SAS and my Kimber full size.(paddle). I just received my Bianchi 14A for my Kimber Ultr CPD. I can't tell you about how that works, because I don't have the gun yet, but the holster is a beautiful piece of work. it looks as if it will release just as quickly as the serpas. Teh only reason I didn't order a serpa for my new ultra, is they don't make one that size yet. But when they do, I'll have one. They are of very high quality, especially for the price. And they are safe and fooproof.
Mickey
Old March 15, 2007, 01:15 PM   #4
NCHornet

To me the Serpa is harder to conceal as it sticks way out from the paddle of belt. I have the Bianchi Carry Loc holster for my Glock 23 and I can tell you it is the very best holster I have carried. Full retention and the release lever is placed in such a perfect position my finger just naturally hits it during a normal draw. I didn't want anything to slow my draw, and never even thought about a retention holster. Always prefered a high rise pancake no thumb breaks, but I saw this carry loc as a store sample at Bass Pro shop and played with it for 30 min before I bought it. I don't get excited over gear much but I truly love this holster. Good Luck.
PS. It conceals perfectly and hugs the body tight.