The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old July 14, 2004, 08:39 AM   #1
dev_null

I just completed a two-day Defensive Handgun course at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA. The course was very informative, the instructors first-rate, and the range drills were exhaustive, exhausting, and immense fun as well as good training. I went from missing the target slowly, to point-shooting doubletaps to the center, with a flashlight, drawing from concealed carry. Along the way we covered a wide variety of topics including (but not limited to) concealment/cover, low-light & no-light, weapons retention, and more. Highly recommended. They're talking about a III/IV class later, which I'll definitely sign up for. I also intend to take their Defense Carbine class when it's offered.

- 0 -
Old July 15, 2004, 10:01 AM   #2
General_Tso

Bra Handgun Course?

I half-expected to see something like this...

"Now, you know why they call me 'Dirty Harry': Every dirty job that comes along."