The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 3, 2008, 11:48 AM   #1
STW

Way fun

I've a friend flying a USMC flag outside his house who also has a very eclectic law enforcement background. He never says a lot but I've pieced together enough to know he's worked at the local, state, and federal levels and found the time to get a couple of advanced degrees. He consults a bit now, criminal profiling, that sort of thing.

He's happy because we now have a local Class 3 dealer and that has allowed him to indulge himself a bit. After a lifetime of making noise he now likes quiet guns.

He brought a couple of his acquisitions to the range recently. One was a suppressed M4 carbine and the other was essentially a suppressed MkII Ruger. I forget who makes these and sells them commercially.

What a blast to shoot! The MkII is just plain fun. Interesting to hear the bullet headed down range and impacting. The M4 is also fun but I believe it may be used in his consulting business. I wonder what else he has tucked away in his safe....
Old October 3, 2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Chipperman

Cool.
I'd like to get a quietener at some point. I need to move out of MA first, though. :barf:
At least I have my MGs to play with until then.
Old October 3, 2008, 10:25 PM   #3
David Hineline

It's even more fun when you just buy and shoot your own. Nothing stopping you in Montana from doing that.