The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old May 6, 2021, 01:26 PM   #26
Shadow9mm

As I see it you have 3 options
1, use it as is. Obviously not ideal.
2, sell it, try to get your 45 back and put it towards a now optic
3, get it refurbished, will probably last you the rest if your life

Personally I would get it refurbished. I hate wasting or tossing things that can be repaired.
Old May 7, 2021, 09:22 AM   #27
natman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds357 View Post
Lucas, Why is Leupold a better used buy than Vortex, Meopta, Zeiss, Burris or any of the rest of a long list of manufacturers who honor their lifetime warranty without proof of purchase?
Over the years I've owned dozens of Leupold scopes.

Leupold offers a lifetime warranty.

I've never had to use it. That's why they are a good deal.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:48 PM   #28
MarkCO

Denver Redfields are legit. Both of my boys have one on hunting rifles I passed down to them. Have 3 3-9 Widefields and one 2-7.

I'd love to be able to buy a Widefield of Denver glass quality with a more modern reticle.

Last edited by MarkCO; May 9, 2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old May 9, 2021, 01:40 PM   #29
MarkCO

In my experience and observation, Vortex does maintain the top spot in terms of customer service in the marketplace for their entire line, which, is one of the broadest. Shipping a new scope overnight to a hunter, manning their call center with actual hunters and shooters during hunting season...no one else even comes close in that respect. Vortex has done a great job in the creation of a "lifestyle brand" which sells not just scopes, but now rangefinders, tripods, etc. It is impressive.

I still say avoid their bottom 1/3 (PST and up) if you are serious about your gear and quality.

If one of my Redfield needs to get worked on, you can bet your bottom dollar I am sending it to Ironsites to get refurbed and change out the reticle to the mil-dot.
Old May 9, 2021, 09:22 PM   #30
Shadow9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCO View Post
In my experience and observation, Vortex does maintain the top spot in terms of customer service in the marketplace for their entire line, which, is one of the broadest. Shipping a new scope overnight to a hunter, manning their call center with actual hunters and shooters during hunting season...no one else even comes close in that respect. Vortex has done a great job in the creation of a "lifestyle brand" which sells not just scopes, but now rangefinders, tripods, etc. It is impressive.

I still say avoid their bottom 1/3 (PST and up) if you are serious about your gear and quality.

If one of my Redfield needs to get worked on, you can bet your bottom dollar I am sending it to Ironsites to get refurbed and change out the reticle to the mil-dot.
I would agree. I had a crossfire II and a Diamondback. I am not happy with either. the Diamondback is a budget hunting rifle scope and just ok IMHO. the Crossfire II I had was BAD. mush indistinct clicks. and poor tracking, clicks were not accurate. got vertical movement with horizontal clicks. Had a terrible time getting the rifle zeroed. It was promptly replaced with a PSA.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:03 PM   #31
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Old technology is best replaced.
Do you drive a 40 yr old vehicle? Why tote around a 40 yr old scope. Spur the economy buy something updated.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:28 PM   #32
MarkCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure Shot Mc Gee View Post
Old technology is best replaced.
Do you drive a 40 yr old vehicle? Why tote around a 40 yr old scope. Spur the economy buy something updated.
Sounds like an old fudd trying to sound hipster.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:45 AM   #33
Don Fischer

I feel that way about women. Traded out my 65 yr old wife for a 49 yr old girlfriend! :-)

Tags
redfield scope 3x9 duplex