The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 5, 2020, 09:01 PM   #1
markr6754

Happy Shopping at LGSs Today

Don’t know if they were saving anything just for me, but lately I take my wife with me to LGSs. Today, we scored 4 boxes of 380 target ammo, 2 boxes of 380 self defense ammo, 4 boxes of 9mm target ammo, and 2 bricks of CCI Small Pistol Magnum primers. The target ammo ran 38 cents a round, high, but manageable. The self defense was $1.03/rd, and the primers were $38.86/brick. I paid $32.99/brick for these same primers nearly 3 years ago. Yeah...shop your LGS, even if local is 40 miles a way. We managed a 126 mile circuit to grab all this. 3 LGSs, one had nothing for us.
Old November 6, 2020, 06:26 PM   #2
jpx2rk

Congrats.

I scored pretty good a couple weeks ago while visiting family in another part of the state when I was able to pick up some powder and bullets I had been looking for. Some stores have limits or no inventory, but for some reason this store had almost everything I was looking for except primers. Something is better than nothing IMO.
Old November 8, 2020, 08:31 AM   #3
std7mag

Lol!
How buying ammo is in the reloader section, i'm not sure.
But i'm happy for you being able to find it!
I lucked out Friday as well.
Box of Fed 215M primers.
Box of Fed large pistol match primers. (can't remember the # off the top of my head.)
2 bottles of RL26.
2 boxes of 100gr, 25 caliber Nosler Ballistic Tips.
3 boxes of 22 caliber 69gr Sierra Tipped MatchKings.

Now to replace the hole in my bank account!

"Januarary 6th insurrection".
Funny, I didn't see a single piece of rope...
Old November 8, 2020, 12:05 PM   #4
gnystrom

Last Friday my local Scheels had a lot of ammo on the shelves. 3psp and 9mm were the only real exceptions and those were both on the shelves Thursday one day before I dropped by. I left with 525 Winchester 22.lr @ $34.99 and my limit of primers which was 200 CCI SPP @3.99/c
Other than that they had all the major calibers including 5.56 in 20 rd. boxes @$9.99 and bulk containers at a price I don't remember.
If you are there at the "magic" time you will usually find what you are looking for at a fair price.
Scheels in MN has proven to be a good store to frequent.
Old November 8, 2020, 12:08 PM   #5
Unclenick
Staff

I agree the reloading area really isn't the place for loaded ammo purchase discussions that aren't more specifically about how to get brass for reloading. This is of more general interest. I'll move the thread.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle