The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 15, 2020, 01:13 PM   #1
idek

Magpul SGA recoil pad: good enough or other suggestions?

I have the Magpul SGA stock on a Mossberg 500. An adapter is available to use any recoil pad designed for synthetic 870 stocks. The pad included with the stock seems okay, but if other options are noticeably better in terms of shooting comfort or getting back on target faster, I'd like to try them.

Can anyone share their experiences on whether the SGA pad is worth replacing, and, if so, what would you recommend?
Old August 17, 2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

I'm not familiar with the Magpul, but most everyone thinks the Limbsaver pads are the very best.
Old October 16, 2020, 09:20 PM   #3
idek

Although the responses were very limited, I figured I'd give an update anyway in case anyone cared. I have a Remington 870 with a Limbsaver pad and have used slip on Limbsaver pads on a couple other guns. I've had good experiences with those, but just for something different, I tried a Remington Super Cell pad on the Magpul stock.

The felt recoil with the Super Cell seemed much improved over the Magpul pad, and for me, replacing the pad was worthwhile.