The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 2, 2010, 06:54 PM   #1
JT Toler

Crossfit and USPSA

First time posting, please bear with me. Does anyone do crossfit for uspsa or ipsc? If so how has it improved your shooting and what wods have worked best? Thanks.
Old October 3, 2010, 08:46 AM   #2
smince

I know very little about Crossfit or competition shooting. I can't see how it would hurt anything.

Overall fitness is very important for anyone, but very important for shooters/CCW holders. The chances of having to fight someone off of you in order to create enough distance to access your weapon, or just run away is very possible. Or you may end up on the ground fighting for a gun.

Yeah, I know-we stay in condition yellow constantly, so that's not going to happen
Old October 11, 2010, 10:40 PM   #3
beltjones

USPSA GM Dave Re is a big advocate of Crossfit. He may have some articles on his website.
Old October 12, 2010, 05:40 PM   #4
deadcoyote

I can only tell you I work out six days a week and thought I "knew it all". Did my first crossfit WOD on thursday last week and spent the weekend walking around my house like a little old man. It's a great program, takes you out of your comfort zone and doesn't take long. I've now committed to doing it two days a week and maintaining my other workouts on the other days.
Old May 20, 2011, 09:00 PM   #5
atek3

there seems to be more than a small amount of overlap. Down in South Florida, Crossfit seemed to be de rigueur for several of the serious USPSA guys.

GPP helps in every aspect of shooting.

atek3