The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 17, 2013, 07:36 AM   #1
vffdoug

Midway Won't Ship Reloading Hardware to my address

Here is a good one for you guys I live in upstate New York 200 miles from New York City. I have been waiting to get a piece of hardware from Midway, not ammunition, powder, or primers. They inform me when I try to check out that

Attention

We're sorry, there are no shipping methods to this address for the products in your cart.

This most often occurs when a required carrier does not deliver to a particular location. For example, ammunition must be delivered via UPS Ground, so UPS must provide Ground service to your shipping address in order for you to receive ammunition.

This is the 1st time I have ordered from Midway USA, but UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS deliver in my neighborhood everday. Well hopefully Midway will call me as soon as they open. I have sent them messages thru their web site.
Old April 17, 2013, 07:59 AM   #2
lee n. field

Quote:
. Well hopefully Midway will call me as soon as they open. I have sent them messages thru their web site.
It'll probably work better if you call them.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old April 17, 2013, 08:02 AM   #3
serf 'rett

May be connected to your state's new laws.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:09 AM   #4
vffdoug

The item is reloading equipment, not ammo, not primers, and no powder. It has nothing to do with our crazy laws in New York State other than Midway may have stopped shipping to New York at all again.

Last edited by vffdoug; April 17, 2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old April 17, 2013, 08:21 AM   #5
NoSecondBest

Are you giving them a PO Box to ship to? They won't ship to one. They require a valid street/road address.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:31 AM   #6
vffdoug

Nope physical street address. I just hope when I call them when they open they aren't out of the stuff since it was on back order. Well wish me like time will tell!
Old April 17, 2013, 09:17 AM   #7
vffdoug

Issue Resolved Some Kind of Computer Glitch

Midway USA had some kind of computer glitch. My order is on it's way today! Have to say the customer service lady was great to deal with at Midway USA. They will definitely get my business again!
Old April 17, 2013, 11:52 AM   #8
howlnmad

Glad you were able to get that straightened out.

The biggest glitch that I have seen with Midway is that everything I'm looking for is out of stock.
Old April 17, 2013, 01:10 PM   #9
superspirit

The biggest glitch that I have seen with Midway is that everything I'm looking for is out of stock.

thats been my luck lately
Old April 17, 2013, 05:25 PM   #10
Dan Newberry

definitely... Midway needs to change their slogan from "Just about everything" to "just about everything out of stock no back order"...
Old April 17, 2013, 08:28 PM   #11
reynolds357

I have never had any problems out of them. They probably just dont want to deal with the Peoples Republic of New York and the laws your Comrades have passed.

Last edited by reynolds357; April 17, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:34 PM   #12
uptickk

They wouldn't ship snap caps to my address in Chicago. Had to use a different one. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me but what can you do.
Old April 17, 2013, 09:05 PM   #13
bamiller

There are several out of stock items in most of the shooting supply stores now. Always had good service from Midway. Do occasionally get ticked about their high S&H rates though. Just bought the Midway compact professional range bag and for $50 am very impressed.
Old April 17, 2013, 11:24 PM   #14
primerman

Yep, the high shipping and handling rates (My opinion) but I've only ordered small amounts of products. I never had a problem with customer service and believe them to be a reputable company. I just like free shipping the best...
Old April 18, 2013, 07:47 AM   #15
A_Gamehog

It would be real easy to visit websites and click a button "show only instock items" virtually all items are gone. Everywhere! I did see some $22 cal$ bullets @ Midway last night.
Old April 18, 2013, 08:22 AM   #16
ScottRiqui

Quote:
It would be real easy to visit websites and click a button "show only instock items" virtually all items are gone.
You can pretty much do that on Midway's site. Just do your search, then on the left side of the screen under "Status", uncheck everything except "in stock".